• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NWIeng

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Hammond
    That looks really cool, and clean. What model is that?

A glamour shot of my other black rifle.

DSC00803.jpg

Springfield M1A loaded (nm sights, trigger) with a Bassett mount and Aimpoint CompM4 on top

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    SKS Zombie Rifle

my latest build.

Unknown year, no numbers matching, Yugo SKS action, barrel cut down and re-crowned @ 16.25", front sight pushed back, bayonet lug removed, choate muzzle brake, Tapco T-6 furniture, mag, and compliance internals. rebuilt trigger assy, polished bolt carrier. no big, just a nickle and dime build. Does it do everything I want it to? hell yes.

DSCN0971.jpg

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    my latest build.

Unknown year, no numbers matching, Yugo SKS action, barrel cut down and re-crowned @ 16.25", front sight pushed back, bayonet lug removed, choate muzzle brake, Tapco T-6 furniture, mag, and compliance internals. rebuilt trigger assy, polished bolt carrier. no big, just a nickle and dime build. Does it do everything I want it to? hell yes.

DSCN0971.jpg

Who did the cut and re-crown?

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    I'm fortunate to have a brother in law who is both a machinist by trade and a gun smith. He also has his FFL, so he comes in handy quite often. He found the barreled action I started this project with.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Not much of a story on my end. It was sent to a Friends of the NRA banquet and it went up for auction. It looked better than my other H&R and I wanted it.:)

Its an early 50's production.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    *cough* *cough* safe *cough* *cough*

Good point, and I'll give you kudos for always thinking safely. Howver, I'm going to bet that the gun is unloaded (clearly no mag), with the bolt closed, and the hammer dropped. This makes it impossible to move the selector to "safe."

Many believe this is the best way to put the AR15 when not in use, as it takes the pressure off of both the recoil spring and the trigger spring. It may even be in the militaryfield manuals for proper "storage" of the rifle when not in use.

I actually leave mine in this position after I do a cleaning, as it is part of the normal function check anyway.

Slade

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Evansvile
    M1a and HK91

Springfield M1a loaded. Barrel is stainles but I had Geoffrey Corn duracoat it. He installed a GI national match flash hider and hooded rear sight. This one has yet to be fired.

HK91 is stock except for paddle mag install.
    M1AandHK91.jpg

Top Bottom