Lawrence Co.
    Looking forward to this one, Mark Wahlberg plays Navy SEAL Marcus Luttrell

[video=youtube_share;BMFLzf-DXXU]http://youtu.be/BMFLzf-DXXU[/video]

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Read the book, it was great. Movie will probably only disappoint me.

Whenever I hear someone rant about all the merciless killing of innocent civilians that the US military does, I always encourage them to read that book.

Last edited:

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Marky Mark is a Hollywood anti-gun douchebag. But I'll probably go see the movie. Even though his role as Bob Lee Swagger didn't come close to living up to the book "Shooter" was based on.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Mark Wahlberg: “I believe Charlton Heston is America’s best villain because he loves guns so much. Maybe he should get the award for being president of the National Rifle Association.” But his anti-gun attitude didn’t stop there. “Well, I would love it if they could take all the guns away. Unfortunately, you can’t do that so you hope that good people in the world have them to protect the people who can’t protect themselves,” “Certainly, I haven’t used a gun anywhere other than on a movie set and I’d like to see if we could take them all away. It would be a beautiful thing.”
    Famous People Who Are Anti-Gun and Pro-Gun

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    Just finished watching a screener copy. Considering all the crap that comes from Hollywood, it was a good flick. I didn't read the book so I can't compare the two. I give it 4/5.

gunsisgood

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 19, 2010
    Maine
    Mark Wahlberg: “I believe Charlton Heston is America’s best villain because he loves guns so much. Maybe he should get the award for being president of the National Rifle Association.” But his anti-gun attitude didn’t stop there. “Well, I would love it if they could take all the guns away. Unfortunately, you can’t do that so you hope that good people in the world have them to protect the people who can’t protect themselves,” “Certainly, I haven’t used a gun anywhere other than on a movie set and I’d like to see if we could take them all away. It would be a beautiful thing.”

Thanks,
    I will spend my hard earned money elsewhere.

Waveraider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Indianapolis

There's some people that suprised me on both ends on that list. Thanks for sharing.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Enjoyed the book during my deployments reading it often. Will see the movie as it benefits survivors of the special operations community. If I refuse to go see movies because of the stars views, I'd never see any. I DO pick and choose though. Some actors just suck no matter what they are in. Lions for Lambs was a GREAT film even though it had some of the most leftist actors out there for example.

Bob

shootamc58

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 28, 2012
    noblesville
    The book is one of the best I've read in a long time. Also, if you go on HBO go they have a behind the scenes on the making of the movie. Marcus Lutrell is involved in almost all of the pre production stuff to make sure it is accurate and factual to the true events. This is going to be a baby sitter movie and that only happens about twice a year.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    This is going to be a baby sitter movie and that only happens about twice a year.

Doesn't your wife get mad when you take your babysitter to a movie?:joke:

I am waiting for the DVD. Silence of the Lambs is about the only movie that I have ever seen that came close to being as good as the book. And I would credit that solely to Anthony Hopkins. Marky Mark ain't no Anthony Hopkins.:twocents:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom