• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • harrisonpainter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Wow, much respect to the owner for his email response!

It does show us how the media will spin the heck out of anything someone says to further their agenda.

Whatever happened to getting facts straight and reporting a story correctly?

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Will they put metal detectors on all doors. How about roof entrances if any? Likely not. They'll just do the front door. Their token investment will likely be financed by a big government grant by obama that pays them to do so.

Since I do not spend money on going to movies, it won't effect me. But I still care about those it will effect.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Anybody even tried contacting the theater? I sent them an email to voice my opinion and here's the response I got. +1 to them and their stance. I applaud this theater and am thrilled to know I can OC to my heart's content.

Dear Sir, First let me assure no such policy to prohibit lawful gun carry exists in this theatre. There is no plan to put this in place. I happen to agree with you on your points about gun carry. You are preaching to the choir. I am very happy in Indiana and agree with all it's gun laws.

I have not seen to interview but will make it my business to review the TV broadcast. I am sorry you were offended by any comments I may have said which may have been taken out of context. I was asked the question about getting wands to detect weapons and I said don't think it was something the public wants but I would consider anything that would assure the publics safety. This is a privately owned theatre and after reading your response I realize I probably misspoke. I apologize.

I am the owner. Next time you are in the theatre please ask for me. I would like to shake you hand thank you for doing your part protecting me and other patrons. You are doing me a favor by stepping up to assure the protection of yourself and other law abiding patrons. I typically offer discounts to police officers for that very reason. I should have named the theatre Dunkin Donuts Movie House.

Again, I am sorry that the interview gave the impression I would ever consider such an action.

Respectfully, Leigh

--J. Leigh Friedman
    President Movie Buff Theatre
    Midwest Entertainment Group, LLC
    9425 N. Meridian Street,
    Suite #254 Indianapolis, IN., 46260
    (561) 222-0202
    jlfgroupinc@gmail.com

Hey, thanks for looking into this.
    Talk about your knee jerk reactions. I was wondering if anyone in the posts above had actually listened/watched the broadcast cause what was indicated was that he was doing or planned to do the following:
    1) Had all the doors checked to make sure they're functioning properly.
    2) Doing sweeps during the day to make sure they remain closed.
    3) Doing an upgrade on his security system
    4) Going to survey people to see if they would like metal detectors.

Actually calling this guy (or leaving messages on the site as some did), is the way to respond. Cool, reasoned and collected. NOT in calling people sheeple. This whole "sheeple" thing makes us look like wackos in my humble opinion and I strongly disagree with it.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I don't know how the conversation went down, but imagine the reporter asking dozens of questions about metal detectors.

The owners basically says No, we don't have them, no we don't have plans to get them etc, the the reporter asks, if the public demanded it, would you consider it. He answer yes, and his Answer is the ONLY part that makes the news.

Top Bottom