• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Glockantuan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2012
    I'm going to call every theater near me to find out their gun rules, and inform those prohibiting my ability to defend myself that they are on the wrong side of things, and that will not visit their establishment. I hope everyone does the same thing.

Have you had much fruit to your labors as of yet? I'm going to AMC tonight myself. :popcorn:

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    Meh, let them, its will be a man thousand dollar waste, when 60 percent of the movie patrons walk in late, and pissed off becasue they had to be patted down after their coins set off the metal detector.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    It is a GREAT day to be in the metal detector business for sure! But the shooter would've never passed through a detector with guns in this case, so it is obviously a false sense of security for them.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    This reminds me a lot of the banks that put in the man trap doors with metal detectors. As soon as those went in people just started robbing the people going inside and outside of the bank.

manwithnoname

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Off of my list. I won't patronize a place managed by folks so stupid that they think this idea is worth consideration.

That said, to their credit the idiots are not crying for the state to legislate such things. Thus they are the fresh dung on top of the dry dung heap.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    This is where the problem lies. They think that criminals actually obey the law. If someone is bent on shooting up the theater, metal detectors are not going to stop them. Somehow, they are to stupid to realize that. All they want to do is make the sheep have a false sense of security. That's all it is, a false sense.

Last edited:

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    This is where the problem lies. They think that criminals actually obey the law. If someone is bent on shooting up the theater, metal detectors are not going to stop them. Somehow, they are to stupid to realize that. All they want to do is make the sheep have a false sense of security. That's all it is, a false sense.

^^^^ :+1:

Politicians don't have real answers, so the next best thing is to tell people what they want to hear (at least some people) in an effort to look good and hopefully get votes. The problem with this is, sheeple actually believe them.

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    "local theater manager wants metal detectors"

Does this mean they're going to hire TSA workers to man the metal detectors and I'm going to have to remove my shoes before entering the theater?

:dunno:

Top Bottom