• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Just walk in unarmed then prop open an emergency door, get your carry piece, come back in and sit down and enjoy the movie. Problem solved. (If somebody already posted this bit of brilliance please ignore this one. I'm too lazy to read the entire thread this morning.)

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Anybody even tried contacting the theater? I sent them an email to voice my opinion and here's the response I got. +1 to them and their stance. I applaud this theater and am thrilled to know I can OC to my heart's content.

Dear Sir, First let me assure no such policy to prohibit lawful gun carry exists in this theatre. There is no plan to put this in place. I happen to agree with you on your points about gun carry. You are preaching to the choir. I am very happy in Indiana and agree with all it's gun laws.

I have not seen to interview but will make it my business to review the TV broadcast. I am sorry you were offended by any comments I may have said which may have been taken out of context. I was asked the question about getting wands to detect weapons and I said don't think it was something the public wants but I would consider anything that would assure the publics safety. This is a privately owned theatre and after reading your response I realize I probably misspoke. I apologize.

I am the owner. Next time you are in the theatre please ask for me. I would like to shake you hand thank you for doing your part protecting me and other patrons. You are doing me a favor by stepping up to assure the protection of yourself and other law abiding patrons. I typically offer discounts to police officers for that very reason. I should have named the theatre Dunkin Donuts Movie House.

Again, I am sorry that the interview gave the impression I would ever consider such an action.

Respectfully, Leigh

--J. Leigh Friedman
    President Movie Buff Theatre
    Midwest Entertainment Group, LLC
    9425 N. Meridian Street,
    Suite #254 Indianapolis, IN., 46260
    (561) 222-0202
    jlfgroupinc@gmail.com

Last edited:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    ^^^^ :+1:

Politicians don't have real answers, so the next best thing is to tell people what they want to hear (at least some people) in an effort to look good and hopefully get votes. The problem with this is, sheeple actually believe them.

Sheeple think the Government knows what's best for them.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Typical knee jerk reaction. What he should do is offer free admission to any LTCH holdin/carryin person who comes in. Instead of a stupid metal detector at the front (will bring guns in via the exit) he should be using his head. Criminals probably would not try something if they thought there might be 8 or 10 armed goodguys in the audience.

Sheeple never learn.....

Nope, he shouldn't. Business is business. It would make zero sense to offer anyone with an LTCH free admission. He should just continue business as usual and not turn the place into another place people legally carrying choose to avoid.

Even if someone was dumb enough to give free admission to me because I've got an LTCH and quite a few different handguns I can carry, I'd pay. I don't need handouts because I own guns and can pass a background check.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Nope, he shouldn't. Business is business. It would make zero sense to offer anyone with an LTCH free admission. He should just continue business as usual and not turn the place into another place people legally carrying choose to avoid.

Even if someone was dumb enough to give free admission to me because I've got an LTCH and quite a few different handguns I can carry, I'd pay. I don't need handouts because I own guns and can pass a background check.

YUP

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Anybody even tried contacting the theater? I sent them an email to voice my opinion and here's the response I got. +1 to them and their stance. I applaud this theater and am thrilled to know I can OC to my heart's content.

Dear Sir, First let me assure no such policy to prohibit lawful gun carry exists in this theatre. There is no plan to put this in place. I happen to agree with you on your points about gun carry. You are preaching to the choir. I am very happy in Indiana and agree with all it's gun laws.

I have not seen to interview but will make it my business to review the TV broadcast. I am sorry you were offended by any comments I may have said which may have been taken out of context. I was asked the question about getting wands to detect weapons and I said don't think it was something the public wants but I would consider anything that would assure the publics safety. This is a privately owned theatre and after reading your response I realize I probably misspoke. I apologize.

I am the owner. Next time you are in the theatre please ask for me. I would like to shake you hand thank you for doing your part protecting me and other patrons. You are doing me a favor by stepping up to assure the protection of yourself and other law abiding patrons. I typically offer discounts to police officers for that very reason. I should have named the theatre Dunkin Donuts Movie House.

Again, I am sorry that the interview gave the impression I would ever consider such an action.

Respectfully, Leigh

--J. Leigh Friedman
    President Movie Buff Theatre
    Midwest Entertainment Group, LLC
    9425 N. Meridian Street,
    Suite #254 Indianapolis, IN., 46260
    (561) 222-0202
    jlfgroupinc@gmail.com
    Very nice response, kudos to the owner. Just curious to know what his position is on method of carry though regarding your statement about being "thrilled to know I can OC to my heart's content"

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Very nice response, kudos to the owner. Just curious to know what his position is on method of carry though regarding your statement about being "thrilled to know I can OC to my heart's content"

In my initial message to him I explained my reasoning for OC as a crime deterrent.

RCB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Near Bedford
    Many theaters find it challenging enough to stay in business. I think the cost of a metal detector plus the inconvenience for patrons plus the man power to monitor the metal detector would force most out of business.

What's with Colorado anyhow? What seems to cause so much mental instability there? Not that these things don't happen elsewhere, but Colorado seems rife with it.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Many theaters find it challenging enough to stay in business. I think the cost of a metal detector plus the inconvenience for patrons plus the man power to monitor the metal detector would force most out of business.

What's with Colorado anyhow? What seems to cause so much mental instability there? Not that these things don't happen elsewhere, but Colorado seems rife with it.

It is still behind Florida and Ohio in terms of the crazy.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    In my initial message to him I explained my reasoning for OC as a crime deterrent.
    That's what I was wondering if the topic of OC'ing entered into it. Just to clarify my position I am by no means against OC.

I just wanted to make sure that you had'nt assumed he would be ok with OC in the theater. I guess the true test would be how he handled the situation or had a change in policy if he received complaints.

trapperDave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Morristown, IN

thin air

fishbass62

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   1
    Dec 24, 2011
    Franklin
    The Dark Knight Movie Massacre & Why I Carry a Gun Everywhere I Go

By Doug Giles

7/22/2012

I would venture to guess that the folks filing in to see the latest Batman installment in Aurora, Colorado last Thursday evening didn’t figure on over 70 of them getting shot before the credits rolled. The last count I received before filing this column was 12 dead and 59 wounded.

As the news starting pouring in about what happened in the theater this week when Satan’s spawn James Holmes donned Kevlar and a small battery of weapons and opened fire on an unsuspecting crowd, I kept thinking, “One fast-thinking and trained person who was armed/licensed with a concealed weapon could have stopped that SOB right in his tracks before the body count skyrocketed.” Yep, the armed citizen could have either killed him, sent him running for cover, or at least diverted his fire away from the masses and toward their person. Some readers, no doubt, are saying, “Well that would be stupid. What if that citizen got shot trying to protect others?” To that I reply: Well, Dinky, if they would have been shot and killed at least they would have died a hero. Have you ever heard of the term “hero”? The Aurora Dark Knight Massacre is exactly why I carry at least one gun everywhere I go—because crap always happens when you least expect it. That’s why, as responsible citizens and gun owners, we must always be ready and must always expect it because when it happens, it happens fast; if you’re not ready, you and others are screwed. For instance, it’s a beautiful and quiet day on Miami Beach this morning. I’m drinking my coffee at an outdoor cafe, minding my own business while I work on this column and on my website. I don’t see any bath salt zombies on the prowl. There are no Trench Coat Mafia wannabes lurking around. There is no real foreseeable reason to carry a weapon. But I am. The reason? Well, I’m not omniscient. I’m just a dumb clunk living in a jacked-up world where med school students go bat crap crazy and shoot up normally peaceful places for inexplicable reasons. Therefore, I’m locked, cocked and ready to rock should some demented dill weed decide to strafe the local patrons sipping a cup of Joe. For those who say, “Doug’s insane with all this concealed weapons crap. We should leave such affairs to the police,” allow me to point out that the theater was crawling with cops for the Batman opening to control the crowds. By the time the police got to the particular theater, it was all over. Blood was already running down the aisles and the gunman had already left the building. You, my friend, are your first responder … your first line of defense. Look, stuff happens when and where you don’t think it’ll happen. My recommendation to you, the good citizen, is to get equipped with a gun—a fire-breathing dragon of a weapon. Get proficient with it. Make it like a cell phone: an additional appendage to your body. And then pray that you’ll never have to use it. However, should you be in line at the grocery store, or at Chili’s eating a burger, or at a park playing football with your homies, and some James Holmes wannabe shows up carting an arsenal and quoting Kafka as he shoots kids … you’ll be ready. Simply find cover if you can, draw your weapon, take a fine bead, and double tap the center mass of the murderous jackass. Should he or she have a bulletproof vest on then pull your sight picture up to the perp’s noggin and shoot him or her in the head; it’ll explode like a watermelon. You’ll feel bad for a nanosecond. But then the cops and families will show up and thank you for putting Jack the Ripper down. The end.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Good on this guy for his response. As to other theaters that want to ban firearms, we should make a deal with the manager. We'll do an INGO gun buyback in front of his theater at $10 a gun and donate the proceeds for him to buy a metal detector. He can put up a big banner announcing his new policy, get lots of great PR :rolleyes:. One of these would work fine:

10686243-see-which-metal-detectors-are-rated-as-best-unbiased-reviews.jpg

Last edited:

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Ortega's exit door with built in metal detector. $10,000 per unit installed. Installation by English speaking workers extra. Quantity discounts. Order now before future perps figure another way to kill lots of people.

Top Bottom