• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Backyardace

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    At least he is going to survey the customers according to the article. Hopefully, several INGO members will be part of the survey.

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    Typical knee jerk reaction. What he should do is offer free admission to any LTCH holdin/carryin person who comes in. Instead of a stupid metal detector at the front (will bring guns in via the exit) he should be using his head. Criminals probably would not try something if they thought there might be 8 or 10 armed goodguys in the audience.

Sheeple never learn.....

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I'm going to call every theater near me to find out their gun rules, and inform those prohibiting my ability to defend myself that they are on the wrong side of things, and that will not visit their establishment. I hope everyone does the same thing.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm going to call every theater near me to find out their gun rules, and inform those prohibiting my ability to defend myself that they are on the wrong side of things, and that will not visit their establishment. I hope everyone does the same thing.

:yesway:

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    Does that theater manager not realize this incident would not have been stopped by a metal detector? The guy came through the emergency exit? I hate these knee jerk reactions. I will not visit a theater like that. This just reinforces me carrying every where I am not breaking the law.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Will they also have a SWAT team at each entry point in case someone decides to bring a gun in anyway?

If someone comes to kill everybody in the theater, all geared up with guns and armor, he wont care if he triggers a metal detector and if the local security guard tell him to stop.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Wind up with sturmtruppen standing guard everywhere with SMGs, probably maschinenpistole 5, but maybe we can get them carrying MP40s for old time's sake.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Security unfortunately is required to be beefed up at all theaters for at least two years, because of deranged copy cats. Their best move is to invite LTCH carriers inside their theaters, and to have more armed guards, and clearly defined exit strategies.

Lock load

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Mishawaka IN
    I rarely go to the movies as it is.
    If they start using metal detectors or doing pat downs, etc. I will stop going to the movies all together.
    Unfortunately we have too many sheeple in our society that think this would be a good idea to do everywhere.

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    Why did the emergency exit alarm not go off. Probably because patrons routinely exit that way and the management turned it off thereby defeating the only safety system they had in place that might has slowed down the shooter.
    metal detector, not such a good idea, keeping alarmed exits alarmed better.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    The guy that owns this theatre is pretty naive, business wise. I"m not sure if he bought the place or is leasing it from Sandor, who owns all of the property at 86th & Michigan - but he opened this place up after the previous national-brand occupant pulled out. It can be a rough crowd in there.

I'm sure his intentions are pure but he's sorely misguided. Heck - It can be hard to get someone to actually sell you a ticket to a movie in his theatre, let alone find someone who can operate a metal detector and conduct security operations.

I would not be surprised if WISH-TV showed up unannounced or with very short notice and his response was a knee-jerk "oh crap i'm going to be on the news i better say something" reaction.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Here's a novel idea. Since you cannot stop a nutcase bent on wreaking death and destruction no matter what you do howbout just cutting out all the knee jerking and fall inline with all applicable Local, State and Federal laws concerning lawfully carried firearms so those of us who would choose to do so have some say so in our own fate?

piper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Sheeple at their finest. If this becomes a reality I know I will not be attending movies anymore and will spread the word to others for sure.

Top Bottom