• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Just wanted to let you all know that I accepted the job in Bloomington. Now the process starts of selling our home and finding something down there. I would like to stay within about 30 minutes driving time to my job which is on the west side near 37. Beginning in mid July my wife and I will spend weekends driving around looking at communities outside of Bloomington mostly.

Not opposed to living in Bloomington, but it has to be the right location and preferably a foreclosure that we can buy cheap and live in while I fix it.

I am a little concerned that I may not be able to shoot much anymore which is kind of sad. I did my first IDPA match a couple weeks ago and I am already hooked!:)

Congratulations!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Update to progress and some decisions so far.

I start my new job on Tuesday. My wife and I decided we will probably rent until we find what we are looking for. I don't want to rush and buy something that is not exactly what we want or does not have the potential to become what we want. A couple things we have decided:

1. Bloomington suburbs or Ellettsville. Everything else is too far away for us(my wife).
    2. Some kind of development so my wife can safely walk her dog, meet neighbors and satisfy her social needs.
    3. Not too much property(I'm talking .5 acre or less). You see, I like my stuff really nice, but I don't like doing yard work, house work, etc. I'd rather grab my guns or my Kayak or my mountain bike(the latter two I don't own yet) and head off to a shoot, the lake or the trails for the day instead of "working my land."

I'm not concerned with the liberals. We walked through the Farmer's Market yesterday and I'd say that provided a good picture of the liberal community.:) They don't bother me really.

I still want to meet up with you guys once we get settled or even before.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Update to progress and some decisions so far.

I start my new job on Tuesday. My wife and I decided we will probably rent until we find what we are looking for. I don't want to rush and buy something that is not exactly what we want or does not have the potential to become what we want. A couple things we have decided:

1. Bloomington suburbs or Ellettsville. Everything else is too far away for us(my wife).
    2. Some kind of development so my wife can safely walk her dog, meet neighbors and satisfy her social needs.
    3. Not too much property(I'm talking .5 acre or less). You see, I like my stuff really nice, but I don't like doing yard work, house work, etc. I'd rather grab my guns or my Kayak or my mountain bike(the latter two I don't own yet) and head off to a shoot, the lake or the trails for the day instead of "working my land."

I'm not concerned with the liberals. We walked through the Farmer's Market yesterday and I'd say that provided a good picture of the liberal community.:) They don't bother me really.

I still want to meet up with you guys once we get settled or even before.

Elletesville

It's close and cheaper and more rational.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    45906]Ellettsville for sure, I love living there.[/QUOTE]

I Just spent The Last 3 Hours Driving Around Several developments There.

Top Bottom