• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'm not sure what your point is? Mitt Romney didn't win nor is he in the NY legislature, neither is the other loser that ran for President.

My Point is the Republican Party isn't the savior they were portrayed as here up until the day of the election. It was the third party voters fault if Obama won. Romney's Massachusetts republican ways were excused because he was anyone but Obama. Now we're told to disregard New York republicans.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    My Point is the Republican Party isn't the savior they were portrayed as here up until the day of the election. It was the third party voters fault if Obama won. Romney's Massachusetts republican ways were excused because he was anyone but Obama. Now we're told to disregard New York republicans.

It's not surprising or unusual that republicans from heavily liberal states are RINO's. I tend to disregard most republicans from places like CA, NY, MA, IL etc. I don't think anybody believes that republicans from these type of states would save the world.

t-trader

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    State Senator Greg Ball(republican)from my district is the only one that had the balls to call it like it is.
    To paraphrase what he said....... Our governor was just jumping on the band wagon and pushing this through to make his chances better in his future run for President.
    Ball has been standing up for gun owners but can't do it alone.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    It's not surprising or unusual that republicans from heavily liberal states are RINO's. I tend to disregard most republicans from places like CA, NY, MA, IL etc. I don't think anybody believes that republicans from these type of states would save the world.

You must not have read any of the Anybody But Obama posts here. Many didn't give a damn was Romney was about. Many even went so far as to excuse or defend Romney's record to those of us who pointed it out. We were told he was on our side and his past record of a liberal republican in a liberal state was no indicator of how he'd act if elected.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    The gun companies will not relocate. NY pays them big money and lots of kickbacks to stay so the people have jobs. Those companies there are bought and paid for.

Well, that means the people who run/own the company don't think they need "assault rifles" themselves. From what I have read, this law doesn't grandfather any magazine over seven rounds. I don't know anyone who makes a seven round or fewer AR magazine. I guess so long as the money is good, the powers in these companies will stay. Besides, if they are making really good money, they can afford to buy as many rifles as they want. Instead of dealing with a reload every seven rounds, just pick up a new rifle.

This brings me to another thought: Does anyone see any AR company making a fixed, limited capacity magazine and making it easier to pull out the pin near the buffer to allow people to load the rifle from the top?

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Well, that means the people who run/own the company don't think they need "assault rifles" themselves. From what I have read, this law doesn't grandfather any magazine over seven rounds. I don't know anyone who makes a seven round or fewer AR magazine. I guess so long as the money is good, the powers in these companies will stay. Besides, if they are making really good money, they can afford to buy as many rifles as they want. Instead of dealing with a reload every seven rounds, just pick up a new rifle.

This brings me to another thought: Does anyone see any AR company making a fixed, limited capacity magazine and making it easier to pull out the pin near the buffer to allow people to load the rifle from the top?

There are five round AR mags made for states that have hunting capacity limitations except were told that these rifles are never used for hunting.

YoungGunLover

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    So when the bill talks about "assault weapons" and and magazine capacity, does that go for handguns as well? Because there are a whole bunch of handguns that accept more than 7 round magazines. Just wondering because it gets confusing when they go from talking about the "assault rifles" to "assault weapons."

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    So when the bill talks about "assault weapons" and and magazine capacity, does that go for handguns as well? Because there are a whole bunch of handguns that accept more than 7 round magazines. Just wondering because it gets confusing when they go from talking about the "assault rifles" to "assault weapons."

Handguns are included. 7 is the new magic number. Just to keep it simple, why not just say and firearm patented after 1920 is illegal? Wait, what year was the broom handle Mauser and what was the mag capacity? We might have to back that up to 1912 or something.:rolleyes:

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    State Senator Greg Ball(republican)from my district is the only one that had the balls to call it like it is.
    To paraphrase what he said....... Our governor was just jumping on the band wagon and pushing this through to make his chances better in his future run for President.
    Ball has been standing up for gun owners but can't do it alone.
    I watched him speak on the streaming link I posted in the first post. If they recorded it, you should go out of your way to see it. It is not often you get a chance to feel good about an elected representative. You could see he was sick to his stomach at the sight of those around him.

Considering he had just followed about a half dozen saying why they voted for it, he showeed some real "balls" pun intended. Ms Marchione who followed him showed she had more balls then most of the Men.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Handguns are included. 7 is the new magic number. Just to keep it simple, why not just say and firearm patented after 1920 is illegal? Wait, what year was the broom handle Mauser and what was the mag capacity? We might have to back that up to 1912 or something.:rolleyes:
    You register those mags as C&R, yes you register the mags.

The best way to stay legal now is semi auto shotguns with 7 round mag tubes and a 511 vest with 6 LW revolvers in it.

Or GTFO

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    On a more serious note. Where the hell did they come up with the magic number of 7 rounds? Why not 4 or 9?

That's their idea of "compromise"!

Plus it reassures any of the softy grandpa's that they can keep their 1911s and still keep their grand kids safe to boot. <sniff>

jfryan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2012
    Schererville
    well what about this part: Stores that sell ammunition will have to register with the state, run background checks on buyers of bullets and keep an electronic database of bullet sales.

These people are insane.

Top Bottom