• ...and so much more!
  • BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I'm in the same boat. Lots and lots of bands.
    I can tell you that the very first C&D order I ever received from an official source while I was attempting to acquire releases was initiated by The Ramones legal copyright lawyers.

Some orders even prevented me from divulging this much information, but I have studied the statutes in every state from which I was warned, maybe 20 times, and concluded that I needed to keep my inside info private. :nopity:

:lmfao:
    I'm screwed.

Last edited:

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    If there was a concert at Conseco fieldhouse between say August 2003 and August 2004, I was working there.

I remember santa slam which had several on its own, Springsteen , american idol? Nelly

Celine dion in vegas (later in indy with fiance

Tswift was the opening act for zac brown

Keith anderson/Carrie underwood

Tswift with fiance. - fiance made it worth it.

Carrie underwood and john melloncamp -final 4 on monument circle

Def leppard a couple of times, kiss, reo, posion

Pat Benatar/Journey

Elton john

matchbox 20

Edwin mccain, collective soul and hootie and the blowfish

I am sure I am missing a few and she forced me to go to a few I don't remember who, newer "country".

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    I can tell you that the very first C&D order I ever received from an official source while I was attempting to acquire releases was initiated by The Ramones legal copyright lawyers.

Some orders even prevented me from divulging this much information, but I have studied the statutes in every state from which I was warned, maybe 20 times, and concluded that I needed to keep my inside info private. :nopity:

:lmfao:
    I'm screwed.
    I had to sign an NDA for only one artist I toured with, and she will remain nameless. The non disclosure consisted of me not being able to talk about anything that happened on the tour or that I saw that showed her in any negativity, or was able to use her name for any promotion for myself. After starting the tour I understood fully why management had me sign it. I didn't stay on that tour very long. lol

I haven't done much punk music professionally. The local guys here have always been a pain to work with, with some exceptions. I did have the pleasure of mixing Black Flag recently though. Honestly they were a great group of guys to work with. Down to earth nice people. All of them. The guitar player was the only original member left.

The 3 questions I get asked a lot when people find out what I do is...
    Question 1: Ever do sound for anyone famous? Answer: All the time.
    Question 2: Have you done sound for anyone I've heard of? Answer: Most likely, who have you heard of?
    Question 3: Who all have you done sound for? Answer: Wow, you are going to have to name some and I'll tell you if I have.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I had to sign an NDA for only one artist I toured with, and she will remain nameless. The non disclosure consisted of me not being able to talk about anything that happened on the tour or that I saw that showed her in any negativity, or was able to use her name for any promotion for myself. After starting the tour I understood fully why management had me sign it. I didn't stay on that tour very long. lol

I haven't done much punk music professionally. The local guys here have always been a pain to work with, with some exceptions. I did have the pleasure of mixing Black Flag recently though. Honestly they were a great group of guys to work with. Down to earth nice people. All of them. The guitar player was the only original member left.

Question 2: Have you done sound for anyone I've heard of? Answer: Most likely, who have you heard of?
    Question 3: Who all have you done sound for? Answer: Wow, you are going to have to name some and I'll tell you if I have.
    Local 30 or road crew?

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky

Quite a few years back, I did some work for a guy that drove a tour bus for lots of big named entertainers. He had a pretty extensive list of names. I asked him who his favorite person was to work with, and without hesitation he said “Prince”. He said Prince was the nicest, most thoughtful person he had ever met.

I would have never in a million years thought that.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My first concert that I'd gone to was in the middle 80's at Market Square Arena. Joan Jet and the Blackhearts opened for Cheap Trick.

I had my 21st birthday in Austin TX during the SXSW convention. So many awesome places to listen to independent music back then. Many of those are closed now for good.

The best concert venue I'd ever been to was a place up by Ludington MI, I think, called Val Du Lakes. Flaming Lips and STP opened for Butthole Surfers. I've never had a better time than that summer.

I took my buddy to his first concert at the Vogue sometime in the nineties. It was Weezer and they were only charging $3 admission or something absurd.

Top Bottom