• ...and so much more!
  • BeDome

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    I'm in the same boat. Lots and lots of bands.
    I can tell you that the very first C&D order I ever received from an official source while I was attempting to acquire releases was initiated by The Ramones legal copyright lawyers.

Some orders even prevented me from divulging this much information, but I have studied the statutes in every state from which I was warned, maybe 20 times, and concluded that I needed to keep my inside info private. :nopity:

:lmfao:
    I'm screwed.

Last edited:

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    If there was a concert at Conseco fieldhouse between say August 2003 and August 2004, I was working there.

I remember santa slam which had several on its own, Springsteen , american idol? Nelly

Celine dion in vegas (later in indy with fiance

Tswift was the opening act for zac brown

Keith anderson/Carrie underwood

Tswift with fiance. - fiance made it worth it.

Carrie underwood and john melloncamp -final 4 on monument circle

Def leppard a couple of times, kiss, reo, posion

Pat Benatar/Journey

Elton john

matchbox 20

Edwin mccain, collective soul and hootie and the blowfish

I am sure I am missing a few and she forced me to go to a few I don't remember who, newer "country".

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    I can tell you that the very first C&D order I ever received from an official source while I was attempting to acquire releases was initiated by The Ramones legal copyright lawyers.

Some orders even prevented me from divulging this much information, but I have studied the statutes in every state from which I was warned, maybe 20 times, and concluded that I needed to keep my inside info private. :nopity:

:lmfao:
    I'm screwed.
    I had to sign an NDA for only one artist I toured with, and she will remain nameless. The non disclosure consisted of me not being able to talk about anything that happened on the tour or that I saw that showed her in any negativity, or was able to use her name for any promotion for myself. After starting the tour I understood fully why management had me sign it. I didn't stay on that tour very long. lol

I haven't done much punk music professionally. The local guys here have always been a pain to work with, with some exceptions. I did have the pleasure of mixing Black Flag recently though. Honestly they were a great group of guys to work with. Down to earth nice people. All of them. The guitar player was the only original member left.

The 3 questions I get asked a lot when people find out what I do is...
    Question 1: Ever do sound for anyone famous? Answer: All the time.
    Question 2: Have you done sound for anyone I've heard of? Answer: Most likely, who have you heard of?
    Question 3: Who all have you done sound for? Answer: Wow, you are going to have to name some and I'll tell you if I have.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I had to sign an NDA for only one artist I toured with, and she will remain nameless. The non disclosure consisted of me not being able to talk about anything that happened on the tour or that I saw that showed her in any negativity, or was able to use her name for any promotion for myself. After starting the tour I understood fully why management had me sign it. I didn't stay on that tour very long. lol

I haven't done much punk music professionally. The local guys here have always been a pain to work with, with some exceptions. I did have the pleasure of mixing Black Flag recently though. Honestly they were a great group of guys to work with. Down to earth nice people. All of them. The guitar player was the only original member left.

Question 2: Have you done sound for anyone I've heard of? Answer: Most likely, who have you heard of?
    Question 3: Who all have you done sound for? Answer: Wow, you are going to have to name some and I'll tell you if I have.
    Local 30 or road crew?

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky

Quite a few years back, I did some work for a guy that drove a tour bus for lots of big named entertainers. He had a pretty extensive list of names. I asked him who his favorite person was to work with, and without hesitation he said “Prince”. He said Prince was the nicest, most thoughtful person he had ever met.

I would have never in a million years thought that.

Top Bottom