• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    So I go to drop off my bike to get the brake lights and turn signals fixed. Easy enough right? While I'm there, I tell the guy to check her out real good to make sure she's safe. She's been kinda loose in the ass for about a couple months. Guess I ain't been paying attention to her... He looked her over, and in <5 mins has an answer... Broken spokes in the rear wheel. AND... seeing as how I (like an idiot) have been riding her that way, have ruined it. Need a whole new rear wheel. Gonna be a more expensive fix, but I'm glad I said something before I went down. People... pay attention to maintenance on your 28 year old bikes. (or your new ones for that matter)

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    So I go to drop off my bike to get the brake lights and turn signals fixed. Easy enough right? While I'm there, I tell the guy to check her out real good to make sure she's safe. She's been kinda loose in the ass for about a couple months. Guess I ain't been paying attention to her... He looked her over, and in <5 mins has an answer... Broken spokes in the rear wheel. AND... seeing as how I (like an idiot) have been riding her that way, have ruined it. Need a whole new rear wheel. Gonna be a more expensive fix, but I'm glad I said something before I went down. People... pay attention to maintenance on your 28 year old bikes. (or your new ones for that matter)
    Lol. When you ride pans and shovels you learn young in life to pre game/check your ride before you ride.
    I'm bad about not going over the twin cam before trips and rides.
    When I do any maintenance like 3,000 mile three hole oil changes, I go over them front to back.
    It's no fun having a rear flat on the highway much less a rear wheel disintegrates.
    That would suck at 80mph.

Top Bottom