• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    Well, I guess some of us are a bit more astute and could figure it out without an @. Now if @STFU hadn't posted a few posts before his then it would've been a lot different.
    Was reading on my phone. Tiny font. @STFU looked like STU, as in Stewart. So my bad.....I never made the connection.
    Did you think that he was telling me to STFU? He posted right after my apology #19 followed by his #20 for a misunderstanding in a previous post which there was on my part and that's why I made the apology.
    Ummm....yeah, I absolutely thought he was addressing you, and other members
    It never crossed my mind that he was telling me to STFU otherwise I would've jumped all over it at the time.
    Well, it crossed mine, that's why I did.

It would appear that the whole crapshow was just several parties misunderstanding one another. If so, I will tender my apology to @skretsinger.
    That said, it just amazes me that new members come in and think sellers would agree to a FTF, in this day and age, without any background.
    Speaking for myself, Site supporter status, without a history will only get you my thanks for ponying up. As far as any FTF, maybe at the edge of an open field......oh, and don't mind the laser dot on your chest.....my son's home on leave from the Navy.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Was reading on my phone. Tiny font. @STFU looked like STU, as in Stewart. So my bad.....I never made the connection.

Ummm....yeah, I absolutely thought he was addressing you, and other members

Well, it crossed mine, that's why I did.

It would appear that the whole crapshow was just several parties misunderstanding one another. If so, I will tender my apology to @skretsinger.
    That said, it just amazes me that new members come in and think sellers would agree to a FTF, in this day and age, without any background.
    Speaking for myself, Site supporter status, without a history will only get you my thanks for ponying up. As far as any FTF, maybe at the edge of an open field......oh, and don't mind the laser dot on your chest.....my son's home on leave from the Navy.
    This is a very reasonable post and I understand now where your point of view was coming from at the time. Hopefully you can understand mine. I still think it was a series of misunderstandings all around from both sides that turned FUBAR and it was unfortunate that things turned out the way it did because other than what happened in the intro thread, I think the guy had potential based upon some of the posts he made in other threads. but INGO goes on.

Last edited:

Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    And I believe some of it happened via PMs. (or was that another user? They all run together after a while)

INGO isnt for everyone.
    Seems his mention of the classifieds in his intro post caused an over protective response on the part of INGO, then he had a chip on his shoulder which led to a crap show. All down hill from there. It shouldn’t have turned out that way. Live and learn i suppose.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    And I believe some of it happened via PMs. (or was that another user? They all run together after a while)

INGO isnt for everyone.
    Well naturally what happens in private conversations with mods has a bearing on the outcome that members aren't privy to unless the mods give us some insight. We can only go by what we see.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It’s usually pretty close to what is put in public, just a little more angry.
    Well yeah I can imagine that being the case. My point is that we don't know exactly what the reason was for taking action in some individual cases unless the mods let us know that it was more than what was seen.

Now in some cases it's rather obvious but in other cases we have some members who view the thread when they get wind of it who say they don't see anything that egregious to warrant an expulsion unless some posts were deleted or there was more that happened behind the scenes.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Mij

Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    This being my only connection to anything resembling social media, I can only judge by my limited knowledge. But it seems to me that all norms of common courtesy leave when fingers hit the keyboard. Don’t understand it, but it happens nonetheless. I’ve noticed it in myself, thinking in terms of anonymity is the problem for me. I don’t like that about myself and fight it every time I start typing. YMMV.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Like I said, INGO (and much of the internet that involves 2 way comms) is not for everyone. If you take yourself too seriously, or cant take guidance from people in charge, it wont end well for you.

Top Bottom