• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    For those of you keeping score at home, that was #59.

Edit: Humble Pie reference.
    Well in the case of this one my intentions were not meant to be accusatory or confrontational as I tried to explain, but he took issue with it as if it were. I even apologized for any misunderstanding. I was not angling for him to get a timeout.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I am confused with the thread…
    Most of us confuse you with that thread. :).

But now that you have self-identified its much more clear and we can address you as "the thread". You might ber abler to change your screen name, too.

Thanks for clearing things up!

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    Well to be fair, he wasn't telling anyone to STFU. He was addressing member STFU.

View attachment 330553

Fair enough, that's possible, even probable.
    Yep I believe he was addressing that member and not literally telling anyone to STFU. Like I said that thread was rife with misunderstanding, and it went FUBAR.

The confusion on this is from his end. When addressing a member directly, in a post, the proper etiquette is to use the "@" sign before their user name. Eliminates all misunderstandings, especially when that user name is a colloquialism for a certain epithet.
    Maybe that should be in the rules, too, along with purple text and 50 posts.

Point is, you don't come here and crap on the membership as soon as you arrive.
    Sound familiar? Come here, break the rules, complain the rules are "exclusionary" and shouldn't apply, then demand advantageous conditions and benefits for yourself, to the detriment of existing members.
    Seems we have enough of that behavior at our southern border.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Fair enough, that's possible, even probable.

The confusion on this is from his end. When addressing a member directly, in a post, the proper etiquette is to use the "@" sign before their user name. Eliminates all misunderstandings, especially when that user name is a colloquialism for a certain epithet.
    Maybe that should be in the rules, too, along with purple text and 50 posts.

Well, I guess some of us are a bit more astute and could figure it out without an @. Now if @STFU hadn't posted a few posts before his then it would've been a lot different.

Did you think that he was telling me to STFU? He posted right after my apology #19 followed by his #20 for a misunderstanding in a previous post which there was on my part and that's why I made the apology.

It never crossed my mind that he was telling me to STFU otherwise I would've jumped all over it at the time.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Looking under the hood, It appears to be what happens when the big guy nukes an account from orbit. I dont see an underlying account, and you cant click that user's name to see the account details.
    Just to review: "Guest" is code for "Nuked from orbit by the site owner". I'm going to need another crib sheet.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom