Not open for further replies.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Yep. Still funny.
    I learned of Massholes when we were in Portland Maine. Stopped in a little shop by the waterfront that was mostly empty and chatted with the owner. He had told us he saw us walk in and just knew he was dealing with another Bostoner "on holiday". Then he heard us talking and realized we didn't have that retarded Boston accent and that was when he started a conversation. Super nice guy, but apparently all summer long MA folks go up there and act like they own the place and everyone not from the greater Boston area should bow down to them. I told him we're lucky, we only have Chiraq idiots to deal with being a flyover state. That was a great day.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    The first time I heard Massholes was from a friend who lives near Boston. He called himself one.
    Hey at least he owns it!

EDIT: I will say that however obnoxious the east coasters are (NYC, Boston, Philly, NJ, DC, Maryland etc) they pale in comparison to Russians. Last Med cruise we took there was a large group (50-100) Russians. Everywhere they went it was like a tornado, freight train and tasmanian devil (cartoon version) waltzed in. They were quite possibly the loudest, rudest most obnoxious people we have ever encountered.

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    Hey at least he owns it!

EDIT: I will say that however obnoxious the east coasters are (NYC, Boston, Philly, NJ, DC, Maryland etc) they pale in comparison to Russians. Last Med cruise we took there was a large group (50-100) Russians. Everywhere they went it was like a tornado, freight train and tasmanian devil (cartoon version) waltzed in. They were quite possibly the loudest, rudest most obnoxious people we have ever encountered.
    Yeah, he proclaimed it proudly. He would also put on a thicker accent and say "Let's pak the ca in the yad". :D

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Hey at least he owns it!

I dunno. Large extended families from SW Asia in full traditional garb walking 4-5 abreast down a walmart aisle, then the entire fam gives you the stink eye because you dared to be in their way is pretty obnoxious too.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I dunno. Large extended families from SW Asia in full traditional garb walking 4-5 abreast down a walmart aisle, then the entire fam gives you the stink eye because you dared to be in their way is pretty obnoxious too.
    but at least they're not yelling, burping, stinking and pushing their way around everywhere they go.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It’s not just a couple of lines. So should INGO enforce different rules for prolific newbs?
    If the intent is there and they are just prolific typing they should get trimmed. If most of a page is one new guys posts what the heck is their motive for that? Oh yes, the classies…

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Hmmm... maybe we need to add a waiting period as well since its been revealed that its possible to hit 50 "paragraph-ish"* posts overnight?

*notice I didnt say quality.
    I think I‘ve suggested this before. I’ve always understood the 50 post hurdle was intended as a probationary period so that the group could get to know something about the noob. Simply belching out “quality” posts in a few hours to satisfy the written text (of the rule) does not meet its intent.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I think I‘ve suggested this before. I’ve always understood the 50 post hurdle was intended as a probationary period so that the group could get to know something about the noob. Simply belching out “quality” posts in a few hours to satisfy the written text (of the rule) does not meet its intent.
    This was the point I was trying to articulate…

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It is also quite telling when someone doesn't give a rip about the community before they immediately start on their quest at a furious pace without even bothering to post something in the Intro/Greeting thread.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Tour bus loads of Chinese at National Parks are extremely obnoxious also. Not really rude from my observations but very loud, unaware, and frankly disrespectful of their surroundings.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom