Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I sometimes miss another long time member, but his name slips my mind right now. He always told us who was a real libertarIan and who wasn’t.

ETA: finally remembered, mjarrel
    MRJARRELL had that progressive fake smugness going on. Big L Libertarians can be annoying enough as it is. Ad progressive to the ideological and its almost fun to watch.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Horny seemed to change toward the end. He had always been a bit prickly but seemed like an okay guy. But then he did seem to become a troll. if he had health problems. That could be an explanation.
    His ultimate undoing that lead to his perma ban was when he decided to take on VUPD and wouldn't let up after being warned to knock it off. Naturally he lost that skirmish.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    MRJARRELL had that progressive fake smugness going on. Big L Libertarians can be annoying enough as it is. Ad progressive to the ideological and its almost fun to watch.
    Which is funny, as typical progressive ideals arent compatible with true Libertarian values. So quite the head scratcher.

Maybe he is like my Sister's BF. He is 110% progressive Democrat. But he wont admit it. "I'm not a Democrat, I'm an Independent." Its just a coincidence that when you list his beliefs and talking points, it ticks EVERY SINGLE Democrat box.

He got so annoying I unfriended him. And I now avoid talking to him at family gatherings at any level above small talk. He'd only show up in my feed to rain on my parade, and when asked to "show his work" he couldn't. His argument was never rooted in facts, so he'd just stop responding in the discussion and wouldn't change his position.

It was fun a couple months ago when my sister invited me to tag along in her group for lunch and a tasting at Old 55. An even more libertarian fellow than me was also in the car and it was fun to just sit quietly and watch that guy tear him to pieces. It was sad, really. Because even when his thought (like free healthcare of UBI) was destroyed as being completely unworkable, he would never admit he was wrong and change his view. You know, the old "well, it didnt work before because they didnt do it right..."

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Which is funny, as typical progressive ideals arent compatible with true Libertarian values. So quite the head scratcher.

Maybe he is like my Sister's BF. He is 110% progressive Democrat. But he wont admit it. "I'm not a Democrat, I'm an Independent." Its just a coincidence that when you list his beliefs and talking points, it ticks EVERY SINGLE Democrat box.

He got so annoying I unfriended him. And I now avoid talking to him at family gatherings at any level above small talk. He'd only show up in my feed to rain on my parade, and when asked to "show his work" he couldn't. His argument was never rooted in facts, so he'd just stop responding in the discussion and wouldn't change his position.

It was fun a couple months ago when my sister invited me to tag along in her group for lunch and a tasting at Old 55. An even more libertarian fellow than me was also in the car and it was fun to just sit quietly and watch that guy tear him to pieces. It was sad, really. Because even when his thought (like free healthcare of UBI) was destroyed as being completely unworkable, he would never admit he was wrong and change his view. You know, the old "well, it didnt work before because they didnt do it right..."
    It was never done right before, because they ALWAYS forget to take into account HUMAN NATURE.
    And the axiom 'Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts Absolutely.

And there's the cognitive dissonance that individuals are inherently evil, but government made up of those same individuals is somehow benign.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Was this before or after he called INGO "stormfront lite"?
    That was after. Many reached out to him including myself. CM was trying to get a cheeseburger summit together.
    I wonder what that Hornaday fella is doing?
    Honadyl ras just argumentative. He was a BIG L, Libertarian.

He actually did add to the community.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I was a lurker long before I ever posted, so I felt like I knew a lot about many people; some of my first posts was agreeing with Kuts logic, not really defending him, just trying to explain his logic.

Probably lucky I’ve made it this far.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I was a lurker long before I ever posted, so I felt like I knew a lot about many people; some of my first posts was agreeing with Kuts logic, not really defending him, just trying to explain his logic.

I wanted to support the dude. I have always been a support the underdog kinda person. But once it came off the rails and the whole everyone’s racist all the time came out I was done. Then he pms me that he’s just trolling people to get them riled up and yeah. No. Not cool.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

I don’t mind differing opinions and I think most on the INGO are the same. I just didn’t like how he would race bait members until they would say something stupid and there always seemed to be a mod waiting to ban them. He seemed pretty proud that he had gotten rid of several members.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I did not interact with him much. When I did it was amicable.

This was in reference to Mrjarrel.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Yep. I remember his favorite go to phrase he used to describe a Heavenly Father that Christians believe in was "Flying Spaghetti Monster"

That's not quite it, it's more of an alternate psuedo-religion designed specifically to mock the idea of religion, particularly a literal interpretation, and not simply a renaming of the Christian God. It can sometimes be amusing. Adherents being "Pastafarians" for example, amuses me. It can be done light-heartedly or it can be used spitefully to belittle in the "you're so dumb for believing X" way.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    That's not quite it, it's more of an alternate psuedo-religion designed specifically to mock the idea of religion, particularly a literal interpretation, and not simply a renaming of the Christian God. It can sometimes be amusing. Adherents being "Pastafarians" for example, amuses me. It can be done light-heartedly or it can be used spitefully to belittle in the "you're so dumb for believing X" way.
    One can usually tell what their intentions are by an established pattern of negativity toward people of faith. In such a case I see it as derogatory mockery.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I wanted to support the dude. I have always been a support the underdog kinda person. But once it came off the rails and the whole everyone’s racist all the time came out I was done. Then he pms me that he’s just trolling people to get them riled up and yeah. No. Not cool.
    I have Kut a lot of benefit of doubt. Defended him on occasion. He spent every drop. He showed what he was made of, so that's it. Done.

I've always liked to see more diverse opinions than the standard conservatives around here. Seems like all the libertarians left, so that's one perspective we don't have much of anymore. Whever a left wing person shows up, they don't last long. Seems like most of them are just here to stir **** up. And it's too bad.

But, Kut had been around INGO for a long time. I think I gave him too much benefit of doubt as it were. When he'd show up to comment on something, always a fight would break out. I thought it was just people giving him ****. Nah. He knew how to instigate. INGO is better off without him.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom