Not open for further replies.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    This is only a personal thought, I’ve seen a few transgressions but have/do not report because of the “little boy that cried wolf” mentality. I’m new here, haven’t been around long enough to know a hard clear line when I see it. I’d rather a seasoned member report an infraction than be mistaken (as I am a lot) and then be called on the carpet for having made a mistake.

The day may come when this is not the case but for now that’s my position. I did send a pm last evening about an infraction hoping to help a couple new members, don’t know if it helped or not. But if it keeps a good member from harming himself unintentionally I’ll live with it.
    Reports are easily closed if there is nothing to be done. When I was a mod, I’d rather have a few too many reports than not enough and have a bigger mess to clean up

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    This is only a personal thought, I’ve seen a few transgressions but have/do not report because of the “little boy that cried wolf” mentality. I’m new here, haven’t been around long enough to know a hard clear line when I see it. I’d rather a seasoned member report an infraction than be mistaken (as I am a lot) and then be called on the carpet for having made a mistake.

The day may come when this is not the case but for now that’s my position. I did send a pm last evening about an infraction hoping to help a couple new members, don’t know if it helped or not. But if it keeps a good member from harming himself unintentionally I’ll live with it.
    Doesn’t matter if you’re “new”, it’s the fact that you’re a respected member that read the rules before you even started, most likely. With that logic you’re not new.
    I don’t want to be the tattletale, but KG1 nailed it above.

Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Doesn’t matter if you’re “new”, it’s the fact that you’re a respected member that read the rules before you even started, most likely. With that logic you’re not new.
    I don’t want to be the tattletale, but KG1 nailed it above.
    Works for me.
    Heck the tattletale factor doesn’t enter into my thinking. I’m more concerned about being a pest or causing more work or confusing an issue I misunderstood. I’m not really up on social media etiquette. The typed word doesn’t lend itself to understanding as well as a personal conversation. And let’s face it none of us are Hemingways on here.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    You had to go next, but you couldn’t call him that.
    Hmm.
    This is a test for Mij and his reporting skills.
    I'm on it.

You skipped the part about gangster of love. You can’t skip that part. If you’re going next, then you have to call him the gangster of love.
    I’m not. You have to.

Do we have any rules around here?
    REPORTED!!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom