Not open for further replies.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    There may have been some back-channel warning. not sue. Whatever the case may be I'm sure the staff is in no mood to play around after the passing of BT. This is not the time for shenanigans.
    My thought exactly. Which is why I may or may not have hit the little button in the bottom left.
    Curious if there were any others.

Want to be helpful in these times, just talking about it in here is more like stringing along the mods.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    It appears that they got bounced.
    That was fast. Not messing around, no warnings?
    There may have been some back-channel warning. not sue. Whatever the case may be I'm sure the staff is in no mood to play around after the passing of BT. This is not the time for shenanigans.
    In the wee hours of the morning... not, one, not two, but THREE Mods were deleting one liners, and the post count was still going up! 7 days off the playground. The boss sent us a note that he'd forward the angry email.

Anybody who can post this fast... wow!! I went back and looked, we deleted 21 one liners before I unlocked the hammer.

There's a lot of INGO range to ride out there. The report button is our friend.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    In the wee hours of the morning... not, one, not two, but THREE Mods were deleting one liners, and the post count was still going up! 7 days off the playground. The boss sent us a note that he'd forward the angry email.

Anybody who can post this fast... wow!! I went back and looked, we deleted 21 one liners before I unlocked the hammer.

There's a lot of INGO range to ride out there. The report button is our friend.
    I think it's incumbent that we should be of help whenever we can. We all have a vested interest to ensure that INGO lives up to a certain standard that our beloved departed friends CM and BT worked so diligently to uphold. We owe them that much.

We all need to make sure we check ourselves as well when a discussion gets a little heated or think about what kind of pics or memes, we post that may cross the line.

I think the report feature is very useful, but IMO should not be abused to inundate the mods with every little thing that we personally don't like about a poster whether or not they be a newb or an established member.

Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    This is only a personal thought, I’ve seen a few transgressions but have/do not report because of the “little boy that cried wolf” mentality. I’m new here, haven’t been around long enough to know a hard clear line when I see it. I’d rather a seasoned member report an infraction than be mistaken (as I am a lot) and then be called on the carpet for having made a mistake.

The day may come when this is not the case but for now that’s my position. I did send a pm last evening about an infraction hoping to help a couple new members, don’t know if it helped or not. But if it keeps a good member from harming himself unintentionally I’ll live with it.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis

Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    That’s half the prob. Folks don’t read it. Some do and disregard. Bad newbie’s. :bash:

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    This is only a personal thought, I’ve seen a few transgressions but have/do not report because of the “little boy that cried wolf” mentality. I’m new here, haven’t been around long enough to know a hard clear line when I see it. I’d rather a seasoned member report an infraction than be mistaken (as I am a lot) and then be called on the carpet for having made a mistake.

The day may come when this is not the case but for now that’s my position. I did send a pm last evening about an infraction hoping to help a couple new members, don’t know if it helped or not. But if it keeps a good member from harming himself unintentionally I’ll live with it.
    Just report it anyway.

It doesn’t mean they did anything wrong. But Mods can’t be everywhere. It’s like you’re calling them over and saying “Would you just look at that!” Then they can decide if it is crossing the line or not. I would bet that mods would rather you report too much than have nobody report at all.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom