KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The most recent individual to join Robbie Robertson, Levon Helm, Rick Danko, Kut, JH, DD 214 guy, et al was on the Radar of the entire staff. We'd also received reports from folks stating, "this guy seems way to familiar with this place to be a real newbie."

Group dynamics are a real thing on the Interwebz just like in person. If someone has been here 5 minutes and they're starting **** with a Grandmaster? That will draw attention. With a Mod? That will draw the hammer.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The most recent individual to join Robbie Robertson, Levon Helm, Rick Danko, Kut, JH, DD 214 guy, et al was on the Radar of the entire staff. We'd also received reports from folks stating, "this guy seems way to familiar with this place to be a real newbie."

Group dynamics are a real thing on the Interwebz just like in person. If someone has been here 5 minutes and they're starting **** with a Grandmaster? That will draw attention. With a Mod? That will draw the hammer.
    Wait, I'm a Grandmaster. Do I get special powers with that?? I just thought it meant I was a PW! :):

:postwhore:

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Wait, I'm a Grandmaster. Do I get special powers with that?? I just thought it meant I was a PW! :):

:postwhore:
    Grandmaster, Site Supporter AND nearly 75K posts? You get the upgraded nachos from the INGO snack bar at regular price! Senior discount :oldwise: doesn't kick in until... lets just say until you are imitating Grandpa Simpson and don't realize it.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    What I couldn't stand was everybody quoting him. There's a saying on the Internet...dontfeed
    In a fast moving 'discussion' involving many posts, it is necessary to quote what you are responding to so everybody keeps things straight

In reality, it is good to quote what you are responding to even when the discussion is not fast moving, and for the same reason

People trying to be comfortably numb via the ignore list should just **** it up

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I am an outstanding judge of character. All 4 people I've ever put on ignore have been Shootered within days of my decision. Next?:shady:
    I haven’t looked at my ignore list in quite a while, but I had a pretty good run of that happening a few years back. I’d put em on ignore, and shortly afterwards, the hammer would fall.
    When enough people put someone on ignore the red lights start flashing at the super-secret INGO command center.

Just kidding! The lights are red and blue :laugh:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    In a fast moving 'discussion' involving many posts, it is necessary to quote what you are responding to so everybody keeps things straight

In reality, it is good to quote what you are responding to even when the discussion is not fast moving, and for the same reason

People trying to be comfortably numb via the ignore list should just **** it up
    That is kind of like carrying on a discussion in a picture thread which I against the rules.

Quote is nor posting a pic.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom