Not open for further replies.

Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    I think he pretty much admitted it in his intro post titled “new/old member” with a new sign on date.
    Yep, caught that.

I can only surmise you would need two ip addresses. Still to me anyway, to much trouble to go through to be an ***. Hell I can go to a bar if I want to get in a fight. (And I don’t).

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I use a VPN. I could show probably 100 different IP addresses without any effort.

We have had a couple people in the old days that I think someone posted had like 30+ accounts.

Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    I use a VPN. I could show probably 100 different IP addresses without any effort.

We have had a couple people in the old days that I think someone posted had like 30+ accounts.
    So is vert. private like a proxy server?

My only experience with a network was with the State of Ind. That is of course it’s own network. My division had our own servers. Hence our own drive.

Guess it’s not as much trouble as I thought. Gotta be some kind of dingus to go through that crap.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

My only experience with a network was with the State of Ind. That is of course it’s own network. My division had our own servers. Hence our own drive.

Guess it’s not as much trouble as I thought. Gotta be some kind of dingus to go through that crap.
    I have Nord VPN at home but I don't use it anymore. I got suckered into signing up for a year or two because they claimed it provided better security, but when I used it, I had more connection issues than without it, got just as many spam emails as I did without it, so I don't really see the point.

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    I have Nord VPN at home but I don't use it anymore. I got suckered into signing up for a year or two because they claimed it provided better security, but when I used it, I had more connection issues than without it, got just as many spam emails as I did without it, so I don't really see the point.
    Aren't VPN's more for avoiding being tracked, and to remain anonymous to websites and other people?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Aren't VPN's more for avoiding being tracked, and to remain anonymous to websites and other people?
    Supposedly. Maybe they work by hosing your internet connection and making you reconnect dozens of times a day. I'm being sarcastic, but honestly, Nord sucks IMHO. My work VPN is much more reliable (and it's required for us to connect to the systems). I saw no advantage to using Nord.

Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    So it seems like a good way to be a ——— on the web.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

It is a bit like a proxy server but the company that I use does not log anyone going through their network. Most proxy servers have server logs that log your real IP address.

Reactions: Mij
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom