Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You know I trust you and like you, brother. I also know (at least hope) that you remember where my heart is. I'm always going to say and do what I feel needs to be said or done for the good of the order. If I say it, you know damn good and well I believe it with all my heart. Not on the topic of Kut, just a general comment on the state of things.
    Just checking....:):

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Oh, I’m in. It’s just that when anyone throws out the “far right” crap anymore, it’s a huge red flag.
    For the last 6+ years we as a group of 2A supporters have been beating back into a corner and are weary of the crap.
    Been called every name on the books.
    Been labeled.
    Been arrested on trumped up :bs:
    Been profiled and ****ed with at every turn. Yeah we are a bit........Pensive.....:):

Y'all remember I got guns right?!? Lol

My whole thing all along when it came to gun rights is that Trump was never the right answer for that.

Apologies if the far right was bothersome to you, but that's how the faction we are speaking of is commonly referred to.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Do you think that could be because we (right of center in general, 2A advocates specifically) have coalesced as we feel more and more urgency to defend our rights?
    For the last 6+ years we as a group of 2A supporters have been beating back into a corner and are weary of the crap.
    Been called every name on the books.
    Been labeled.
    Been arrested on trumped up :bs:
    Been profiled and ****ed with at every turn. Yeah we are a bit........Pensive.....:):
    Yes! ^^^Both of these!^^^

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Just checking....:):
    Like I said earlier, I'm sure I've changed in some ways. Life has beat me down more than I deserve in my opinion for the time I've been on this earth, but I'm still standing and I'm fundamentally the same person I've always been. I fear deeply, however, that our "side" is either going to be or already has been hijacked by those with money and power and ultimately used for purposes that many of us would be fundamentally opposed to in years past. I'm still on the same team, y'all.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Do you think that could be because we (right of center in general, 2A advocates specifically) have coalesced as we feel more and more urgency to defend our rights?
    QFT!!!!!!!!!!! I used to be very middle of the road (but always staunchly supporting the Constitution) and then 2014 happened. The further left 'those people' go the more right I have leaned. I didn't say much at first, being a live and let live type. Now...eff that noise. They got the power they have now because people like us didn't stand up in the beginning.
    Huge mistake.
    If EVER there was time in our lives when shouting from the rooftops was a moral imperative it is NOW. Logic, reason and rights are on the line. Shout now or be prepared to be silenced.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    QFT!!!!!!!!!!! I used to be very middle of the road (but always staunchly supporting the Constitution) and then 2014 happened. The further left 'those people' go the more right I have leaned. I didn't say much at first, being a live and let live type. Now...eff that noise. They got the power they have now because people like us didn't stand up in the beginning.
    Huge mistake.
    If EVER there was time in our lives when shouting from the rooftops was a moral imperative it is NOW. Logic, reason and rights are on the line. Shout now or be prepared to be silenced.
    QFQFT!

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Huge mistake.
    I can fully respect and appreciate that. I guess my message is just to watch out for snakes in the grass.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think conservatives in general tend to give people the benefit of the doubt, just more naturally trusting, less wary. We’re honest, and just expect others to be.

I remember in my early days here you sparring (and maybe agreeing?) with him a lot, and always appreciated the fact that this place is not an echo chamber. Now it can go on to be not an echo chamber with a lot less distraction, and more honesty.

BTW, I still can’t get over the idea that you’re not black. Have no idea how that assumption got so firmly rooted in my head.

Am I racist?
    Uh. I must be passing? :):

You are not the first to wonder. I don’t know why. A black member asked me in a PM if I was black years ago. I don’t understand why.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Like I said earlier, I'm sure I've changed in some ways. Life has beat me down more than I deserve in my opinion for the time I've been on this earth, but I'm still standing and I'm fundamentally the same person I've always been. I fear deeply, however, that our "side" is either going to be or already has been hijacked by those with money and power and ultimately used for purposes that many of us would be fundamentally opposed to in years past. I'm still on the same team, y'all.
    There is little doubt that the extreme division we're seeing now is fueled by people with money and power, but I don't think they're funding "our" side. That's why people on "our" side are starting to be more vocal, as others have said. :twocents:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don't know. Maybe at times, but I can tell you straight up that for years when I started on INGO I was generally "in the majority" in most discussions. The world has changed, things have changed, INGO has changed, and I'm sure I probably have changed as well. Now, I'm a voice of dissent in some conversations, and it is different. Not sure I can put into words what I'm trying to get at, but I'm not sure he was ever intentionally trolling now that I look back knowing what I know now.
    He admitted as much. Read my “I used to give him benefit of the doubt” post a couple pages back or so.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Huge mistake.
    The problem is when the shouting is amongst the ranks. If it's a non-stop thing, which it has become with some members, sooner or later it will cause resentment amongst us. People should recognize that there can be a differing opinion and be on the same side. The Covid thread is a perfect example.

This is not directed at you Spear Dane, just in general.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The problem is when the shouting is amongst the ranks. If it's a non-stop thing, which it has become with some members, sooner or later it will cause resentment amongst us. People should recognize that there can be a differing opinion and be on the same side. The Covid thread is a perfect example.

This is not directed at you Spear Dane, just in general.
    I for one look forward to the day when the Covid threads just die a natural death. Never seen so many dead horses being beaten in my life, and nobody's minds have been changed. It's even worse than Glock vs. 1911 and 9mm vs. 45 acp. :):

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Fairly certain it was the jazz thing. It's Indiana. If you don't have a Toby Keith sticker on your truck, you might as well be a DJ on Soul Train.
    I don't have any stickers on my truck. Well, unless duct tape covering the rust holes in the rear bumper count as stickers. :): I used to think jamil was Muslim. Just because "jamil" sounds kinda Muslim-y.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The Trumpers are pretty fed up with the whole thing. I’m mostly “conservatarian” but I’ve had my go-round with Trumpers on various issues. But on most issues I firmly agree with them. So sometimes I end up vigorously arguing against, and sometimes vigorously for.

But it’s not the Trumpers I’m concerned with. The other side poses a far greater danger to society. They’re well funded and have all the political power. The far right isn’t nearly the threat the establishment claims they are. Hell, most of them couldn’t even do a proper coop and dare go beyond the tourist ropes.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I for one look forward to the day when the Covid threads just die a natural death. Never seen so many dead horses being beaten in my life, and nobody's minds have been changed. It's even worse than Glock vs. 1911 and 9mm vs. 45 acp. :):
    Beretta and 10mm

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Fairly certain it was the jazz thing. It's Indiana. If you don't have a Toby Keith sticker on your truck, you might as well be a DJ on Soul Train.
    That explains it. I keep my windows up at traffic lights so people don’t hear Freddy Hubbard on the stereo.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom