• Status
    Not open for further replies.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Hate to see him gone. Didn't go back to read what happened, so this should not be misconstrued as a comment on the decision. I disagreed with him more often than not, but I think a dissenting voice is critical to productive conversation.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Hate to see him gone. Didn't go back to read what happened, so this should not be misconstrued as a comment on the decision. I disagreed with him more often than not, but I think a dissenting voice is critical to productive conversation.
    Agreed, but with Kut it was more than just a dissenting voice. He did it to annoy. You can dissent without being toxic about it.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Agreed, but with Kut it was more than just a dissenting voice. He did it to annoy. You can dissent without being toxic about it.
    I don't know. Maybe at times, but I can tell you straight up that for years when I started on INGO I was generally "in the majority" in most discussions. The world has changed, things have changed, INGO has changed, and I'm sure I probably have changed as well. Now, I'm a voice of dissent in some conversations, and it is different. Not sure I can put into words what I'm trying to get at, but I'm not sure he was ever intentionally trolling now that I look back knowing what I know now.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I don't know. Maybe at times, but I can tell you straight up that for years when I started on INGO I was generally "in the majority" in most discussions. The world has changed, things have changed, INGO has changed, and I'm sure I probably have changed as well. Now, I'm a voice of dissent in some conversations, and it is different. Not sure I can put into words what I'm trying to get at, but I'm not sure he was ever intentionally trolling now that I look back knowing what I know now.
    Meh, I think he was, especially after catching up on this thread.
    I too respected the dissenting voice, but not sure he was the real deal. He was in it to sink who he could, at least that’s what I got from reading through.
    Hate to see an echo chamber, but honestly don’t think we have to worry about that. Certainly there’s factions, but there’s more than you know reading, listening.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    No no no my friend you have missed out on the new Kut.
    Her was a troll in the highest order. Dissention is OK if done in the proper manner. He was a straight up annoying troll since Bidiot stole the POTUS chair.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Meh, I think he was, especially after catching up on this thread.
    I too respected the dissenting voice, but not sure he was the real deal. He was in it to sink who he could, at least that’s what I got from reading through.
    Hate to see an echo chamber, but honestly don’t think we have to worry about that. Certainly there’s factions, but there’s more than you know reading, listening.
    Just me talking here, and not towards anyone in particular, but it seems much closer to an echo chamber in here now than it did years ago when I first joined. People leave and/or get banned, sure, but it also seems that so many more consolidated into a small, far right faction.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I think he would, just as there were those that continuously trolled him. The whole dynamic was just a snowball rolling downhill and gaining mass and momentum. It was going to hit something and breakup at some point.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Just me talking here, and not towards anyone in particular, but it seems much closer to an echo chamber in here now than it did years ago when I first joined. People leave and/or get banned, sure, but it also seems that so many more consolidated into a small, far right faction.
    I think your perception may be colored (does that make me a racist) because of a vocal few and not the sum total of the membership.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I think he would, just as there were those that continuously trolled him. The whole dynamic was just a snowball rolling downhill and gaining mass and momentum. It was going to hit something and breakup at some point.
    That sounds perfectly reasonable/accurate.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You have been gone a long time. It got insane in here to the point that my hair was falling out and the hammer was evoked far more than I wanted it to. It was so very close to us loosing the political sub-forum. Do not judge on what you do not have direct experience in. This change had to be made. Many angry voices were more an issue than a disagreeing part.

I came sooooo close to chucking in the towel and several occasions.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Yeah there are trolls on the right side of the fence too.

Strikes me odd that where people believe In personal responsibility, they can't help but interact with someone that drives them mad! LOL

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Do you think that could be because we (right of center in general, 2A advocates specifically) have coalesced as we feel more and more urgency to defend our rights?

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    You have been gone a long time. It got insane in here to the point that my hair was falling out and the hammer was evoked far more than I wanted it to. It was so very close to us loosing the political sub-forum. Do not judge on what you do not have direct experience in. This change had to be made. Many angry voices were more an issue than a disagreeing part.

I came sooooo close to chucking in the towel and several occasions.
    You know I trust you and like you, brother. I also know (at least hope) that you remember where my heart is. I'm always going to say and do what I feel needs to be said or done for the good of the order. If I say it, you know damn good and well I believe it with all my heart. Not on the topic of Kut, just a general comment on the state of things.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think there has been collateral damage, so to speak.
    For the last 6+ years we as a group of 2A supporters have been beating back into a corner and are weary of the crap.
    Been called every name on the books.
    Been labeled.
    Been arrested on trumped up :bs:
    Been profiled and ****ed with at every turn. Yeah we are a bit........Pensive.....:):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom