Not open for further replies.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Sweet heart in two seconds I am going to get down on my knee and ask you to ma....
    fv2IsKv.gif

How about the onlooker in the upper left bolting?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I prefer the Chinese place by Sal's, it is called Hong Kong. Oh sure it isn't a buffet, but the food is really good.

Yep. As we have discussed. If I want excellent food we go Hong Kong. If we want good food with variety we eat at Dongs.

I like visuals. :):

He lived. I see you found the link.
    That is one of the hardest hits I've ever seen where the guy lives. If he died, I wouldn't have posted it. I would love to figure out how fast (MPH) that tire is going before impact. I'd try but there's too much thinking involved and math is hard plus it's the weekend and I'm drinking.

Well we can calculate the speed. Approximate the distance the wheel travels, and the time it took to get there. Distance is what, about 170ft, over 2-3seconds?

Gonna show my Geek. Assuming thats a more or less standard 25' wide road, thats right at 2 seconds to cross the road. (start the clock as it sails over the far curb, stop it on the near curb) Im not sure of the angle, but a direct crossing of 25' in 2 seconds is 8.5mph. Since it is at an angle its probably closer to 10mph.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yep. As we have discussed. If I want excellent food we go Hong Kong. If we want good food with variety we eat at Dongs.

Gonna show my Geek. Assuming thats a more or less standard 25' wide road, thats right at 2 seconds to cross the road. (start the clock as it sails over the far curb, stop it on the near curb) Im not sure of the angle, but a direct crossing of 25' in 2 seconds is 8.5mph. Since it is at an angle its probably closer to 10mph.

I think it’s faster than that. I’d estimate the angle might be more like 60 degrees. The road is just over 7.5m wide (~25ft). That makes the hypotenuse ~16m. So 16m/2 sec = 8m/s. That’s around 20mph. But estimating that angle isn’t very accurate. It’s at least 45 degrees. But probably more.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I think it’s faster than that. I’d estimate the angle might be more like 60 degrees. The road is just over 7.5m wide (~25ft). That makes the hypotenuse ~16m. So 16m/2 sec = 8m/s. That’s around 20mph. But estimating that angle isn’t very accurate. It’s at least 45 degrees. But probably more.

Are you accounting for the bounce also? It hits him in the air, obviously each bounce would scrub off *some* speed.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Did you account for the humidity? Air density will play into the speed of the tire as well. Air pollution? Is the tire fully inflated?

I suspect it was going fast enough to know the guy cold and caused serious injury.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Did you account for the humidity? Air density will play into the speed of the tire as well. Air pollution? Is the tire fully inflated?

I suspect it was going fast enough to know the guy cold and caused serious injury.

Are you saying the tire knew that guy?
    So this was no accident. That tire targeted him on purpose. :runaway:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom