Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I wonder how many classy non supporter squatters will melt down?

Most of them when we call them to task. Some are decent about it and get a support banner. Some are just petulant children in adult bodys.

But few if any will read what I posted because the are not active.

When we get someone that is not aware of the pic posting not working through P-bucket and not aware of how much we have discussed this in open forum it is a red flag. We help. We get them on the right track. Some folks just have not been on line with us in a while.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    You forgot home to Dillinger, Benji and Frank Inn, the famous animal trainer.

Gray's is now a mere shadow of what they was in their heyday. Lines used to snake outside the frontdoor around the building, and even when they opened the carryout side, it was out the door,
    now you can walk in with nary a wait. I'm talking 150-300 outside along with a line of at least 150 inside.

The food quality has dropped of horrendously and the prices are no longer affordable, Sad that you can go to Texas Roudhouse, get a 16oz sirloin, baked potato, salad and a appetizer cheaper than a entree, two sides and a piece of pie. The only thing I consider worthy getting anymore are their chicken tenders and Mac & Cheese.
    It is sad that you can buy a 16oz sirloin, the roast that tries to be a steak.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    You forgot home to Dillinger, Benji and Frank Inn, the famous animal trainer.

Gray's is now a mere shadow of what they was in their heyday. Lines used to snake outside the frontdoor around the building, and even when they opened the carryout side, it was out the door,
    now you can walk in with nary a wait. I'm talking 150-300 outside along with a line of at least 150 inside.

The food quality has dropped of horrendously and the prices are no longer affordable, Sad that you can go to Texas Roudhouse, get a 16oz sirloin, baked potato, salad and a appetizer cheaper than a entree, two sides and a piece of pie. The only thing I consider worthy getting anymore are their chicken tenders and Mac & Cheese.

It might be heresy to the true believers, but I have to agree with you about Gray's.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Yo. Pepper goes on the meat AFTER you cook it.

Otherwise you're just burning / charring it off and it's not doing ANY good.

source.gif

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Nope. All behind the green curtain.

If you are a member here only to buy/sell and no support status we will be having a PM exchange at some point. We put this out a lot yet we are told "Well I was not aware" hence proving our point. Be active or support the forum.

That makes some sense. They do not participate so they don't see posts like this.

The guy that contacted me about my classified post had 73 posts and a total of 150 some including classified posts and has not posted since 2011.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Being from up North, I've never heard of it. Is it like the place in Marion with the taxidermy animals, I think it was called Duff's?

No it’s a blue hair cafeteria style “restaurant”.

Think of a MCL Cafeteria on a grander scale that in years past had a very high quality of food. The original owners children have lowered the quality, raised the prices to the point is has severely affected the business. Been a Mooresville staple for over 55 years. At it's current pace of decline, one day the conversation will be "Remember when Gray's was around?"

At one time execs from Kroger's used to fly in to Mooresville via Helicopter from Cincinnati, land in the Kroger parking lot and walk across the street to Gray's.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I tried Dong's Buffet and I was not impressed at all. I had heard glowing reviews, but it was sub-par as far as Chinese buffets go, in my opinion. Unless the General Tso's chicken has whole red peppers in it, I know I'm going to be disappointed. Really, pretty much everything on the buffet was just bland and tasteless. I'd call it the MCL of Chinese buffets... minimal spices and flavors so as not to upset the senior citizens' palates.

I prefer the Chinese place by Sal's, it is called Hong Kong. Oh sure it isn't a buffet, but the food is really good.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I prefer the Chinese place by Sal's, it is called Hong Kong. Oh sure it isn't a buffet, but the food is really good.

The owners/operators of that place are incredibly nice.

Plus - they have a few gluten-free offerings that my wife can eat. It's not easy finding a Chinese restaurant she can eat at!

We make the drive down from GW about once a month.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom