Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I massage my steak with olive oil, sparingly salt, pepper, granulated onion and garlic.

Cook mine to medium rare, I know, I know too done.

You do not want to know what I used to do to my wife's steak. I have gotten her to medium now.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I massage my steak with olive oil, sparingly salt, pepper, granulated onion and garlic.

Cook mine to medium rare, I know, I know too done.

You do not want to know what I used to do to my wife's steak. I have gotten her to medium now.
    Nah,mid-rare to medium is good. Any more it’s junk, any less, the connective tissues have t broken down yet.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Oh ok, for some reason I was thinking the cleaning was some huge pain in the rear. That doesn’t sound bad at all.

To season are you basically just coating it with something and baking it into the metal, or is it more in depth than that? My wife’s dad gave her one years ago (no idea what brand, was too young to care) and it looked like it had rust so she pitched it. She thought it would give us some sort of illness lol. I’ve read that the rust could have been removed and wouldn’t have been harmful.

You need iron in your diet. A little rust is good for you but not for your skillet.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Being from mooresville, that’s just downright blasphemous. We have 3 things to brag about. Creating the state flag. Grays cafeteria. And dongs China buffet. Their crab rangoons are delicious!

I like Dongs. In fact, was there Saturday night with Haven and the food was better than usual. not outstanding, but good.

The sit down Chinese restaurant across the street has better food, but compared to the on the fly variety I consider them equal. I can get a variety of good food, or one excellent dish.

Don't like Lodge. The pebbly texture is harder to clean. Much prefer old smooth pans I find at the tractor show.

THere are numerous videos on youtube that teach you how to smooth out a cheap cast iron. an hour or so with an orbital grinder and angle grinder with the right wheel and you have a much nicer skillet. I'm going to try it.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Being from mooresville, that’s just downright blasphemous. We have 3 things to brag about. Creating the state flag. Grays cafeteria. And dongs China buffet. Their crab rangoons are delicious!

You forgot home to Dillinger, Benji and Frank Inn, the famous animal trainer.

Gray's is now a mere shadow of what they was in their heyday. Lines used to snake outside the frontdoor around the building, and even when they opened the carryout side, it was out the door,
    now you can walk in with nary a wait. I'm talking 150-300 outside along with a line of at least 150 inside.

The food quality has dropped of horrendously and the prices are no longer affordable, Sad that you can go to Texas Roudhouse, get a 16oz sirloin, baked potato, salad and a appetizer cheaper than a entree, two sides and a piece of pie. The only thing I consider worthy getting anymore are their chicken tenders and Mac & Cheese.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Must of missed it with everyone talking about Dongs.

Nope. All behind the green curtain.

If you are a member here only to buy/sell and no support status we will be having a PM exchange at some point. We put this out a lot yet we are told "Well I was not aware" hence proving our point. Be active or support the forum.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Nope. All behind the green curtain.

If you are a member here only to buy/sell and no support status we will be having a PM exchange at some point. We put this out a lot yet we are told "Well I was not aware" hence proving our point. Be active or support the forum.

I guess that's better than behind the green door... *boom-chicka-wow-wow* :wrongdoor:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom