• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Last time I made a thread on Limbaugh, completely innocuous news, it was locked. Reason really stems from the sorts that hop in and chum the waters with things like "I hate the guy, but..."

Then people take the bait, and it just goes into dumb back-and-forths unrelated to the main thread topic.

And the current Limbaugh thread is trending that same way, with similar participants.

Tell me the difference:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...insburg-hospitalized.html?460942=#post7716771

Well other than one person is significantly less popular than the other. Are people chumming the waters when they state their opinions about Ginsburg, or because they are more that think unfavorably of her, it's ok?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Tell me the difference:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...insburg-hospitalized.html?460942=#post7716771

Well other than one person is significantly less popular than the other. Are people chumming the waters when they state their opinions about Ginsburg, or because they are more that think unfavorably of her, it's ok?

Not much of a difference. Happens with lots of notable figures around here.

People are certainly more apt to bite on anti-"right" comments than anti-"left".

I think both should be welcome, but in practice, and given the ratio of users leanings here, it's not likely to be that way.

Edit: And, I'm sure you know, most arguments here devolve into whatabout-ism.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Tell me the difference:

The difference is, if you want to swim upstream it's always going to take more effort. Pushback is legit

If you want your sermon to preach to the choir, INGO is the wrong church

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Not much of a difference. Happens with lots of notable figures around here.

People are certainly more apt to bite on anti-"right" comments than anti-"left".

I think both should be welcome, but in practice, and given the ratio of users leanings here, it's not likely to be that way.

Edit: And, I'm sure you know, most arguments here devolve into whatabout-ism.

The Nasty Pelosi thread is currently conducting a master class in whatabout-ism

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Tell me the difference:

The most obvious difference between Rush and Ginsburg is that Rush actually has respect for and values the constitution. Still, though the wishes of harm/death by some to Ginsburg are unwarranted.

However, the real question is why do you feel so compelled to swoop in and :poop: on every thread about right leaning people or subjects?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    However, the real question is why do you feel so compelled to swoop in and :poop: on every thread about right leaning people or subjects?

Well, he's a gun-owner first. There's no political alignment requirement here yet, and disagreement shouldn't always be seen as incitement or :poop:

However, to your point, from an observer not involved in most of these threads, it does seem like a few are more on edge lately and more willing to prod... so to speak. I'm happy to be corrected on that observation, though.

(Edit: Not that there's even necessarily anything wrong with prodding for the result of debate! Some debate can be fun and healthy.)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well, he's a gun-owner first. There's no political alignment requirement here yet, and disagreement shouldn't always be seen as incitement or :poop:

However, to your point, from an observer not involved in most of these threads, it does seem like a few are more on edge lately and more willing to prod... so to speak. I'm happy to be corrected on that observation, though.

(Edit: Not that there's even necessarily anything wrong with prodding for the result of debate! Some debate can be fun and healthy.)

+10. You are blocking your rep numbers so I will just leave this right here.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The most obvious difference between Rush and Ginsburg is that Rush actually has respect for and values the constitution. Still, though the wishes of harm/death by some to Ginsburg are unwarranted.

No the real question is why do you care? If I express my opinion, and in it being both respectful and well reasoned, should I be prevented from doing so because it hurts your feelings somehow? How about you just place me on ignore, that way you don't have to endure my posts, and I don't have to endure your harassment?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

I agree. Bug and Jamil prod the hell out of me, but I understand given my unpopular views, that's just something that comes with the territory.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I agree. Bug and Jamil prod the hell out of me, but I understand given my unpopular views, that's just something that comes with the territory.

They're proddy-types. They prod each other. Daily. Sometimes hourly.

No one is immune to being prodded by those two. They're semi-equal opportunity prodders.

source.gif

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson

There's disagreement and then there's simply being disagreeable. There's nothing wrong with the first, the second gets old quick.

No the real question is why do you care? If I express my opinion, and in it being both respectful and well reasoned, should I be prevented from doing so because it hurts your feelings somehow? How about you just place me on ignore, that way you don't have to endure my posts, and I don't have to endure your harassment?

I'm tired of seeing perfectly good threads get purposely crapped on regularly with the same common denominator. The right to express opinions goes both ways you know, including when you fail to be respectful as in the Rush thread and fail to be well reasoned as in many threads. You are not a victim. You are not being harassed.

I have never placed anyone on ignore and frankly, I'm not going to start now... but you're more than welcome to do so.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Rush vs Ginsburg?
    Pick on Rush all you want, he can take it. But picking on Ginsburg is wrong because we shouldn't speak ill of the dead. :nono:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom