Aim_c2cdd1_445216.jpg

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I just paid somewhere well north of $500 for dental work on a cat owned by others who live in my house.

I say "somewhere north of $500" because that's the estimate that was reported after the first consultation, but on the day of the procedure, it was apparently "worse than they expected" and cost more. I have neither the courage nor the desire to search out the actual amount.

Someone said "cats"....I had to get this out of my system.

Woulda been cheaper for the cat to have an "accident"

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't blame the dogs. That log in the fire kinda looks like a dog.

But anyway, cats were invented for fur. Not really much else.

This cat is cool. Right after we got her, we took her camping over a 4th of July weekend down at Lake Monroe. We had gone across the lake to watch the fireworks, but got caught in a really bad storm and eventually had to turn back. On the way back to camp, she was sitting on my lap while I was driving the boat. She hopped down and I didn't think much about it, but a couple minutes later, I realized she wasn't on the boat. She had jumped overboard. We were probably at least 100 feet from shore. We searched the water and the shoreline with no luck. Even went back the next morning and walked up in the woods to no avail.

9 days later, we got a call from a vet in Ellettsville saying they had her. Apparently a little girl found her in the woods and took her to get scanned. Not sure what she ate while she was in the "wilderness" but I swear it looked like she'd gained 5 lbs.. If she was a male I would have changed her name to Bear Grylls. :):

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I just paid somewhere well north of $500 for dental work on a cat owned by others who live in my house.

I say "somewhere north of $500" because that's the estimate that was reported after the first consultation, but on the day of the procedure, it was apparently "worse than they expected" and cost more. I have neither the courage nor the desire to search out the actual amount.

I had a cat that had the symptoms of feline leukemia, it didn't make it/

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

Been there done that. $600+ for a cat to have a few teeth pulled and then I turned around and gave him to 88GT immediately after the surgery.

She was willing to give him a good home when I had to move on short notice so I figured the least I could was eliminate the rotting teeth that was making his breath smell like an open sewer.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Dudes... I've spent... too much... on a CHICKEN.

My daughter's favorite chicken was attacked by a raccoon. Got stitches and antibiotic. Most expensive eggs I will ever eat.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Like I said, I was never a cat person until I got one. But seriously, why all the cat hate? My cat has never "had an accident" on the carpet. I can go away for the weekend and leave the cat at home (with enough food and water) and there will still be no "accidents" on the carpet. All you cat haters try doing that with your dogs and see what you come home to. I consider it an outstanding day if my dogs can go the roughly 10 hours a day that I have to leave them inside when I go in to the office without coming home to a mess (or multiple messes) to clean up.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I would have opted for a couple lead fillings.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    My kids asked if we could get a cat. I told them yes, if I could name it. They asked what I would name it. I told them, Target. They didn't ask again.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom