• Status
    Not open for further replies.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I really hate to see anyone get permanently banned unless they are an obvious troll. Some do need a long time-out, though!
    Expressing your opinion in a snarky, insulting way doesn't usually win anyone over. There was a heated thread going on a while back that I just could not stay away from. It annoyed me at first, but it made me think and research a bit. I think I understand and actually like that poster a little better than I first thought, now. I still mostly disagree with that poster, but I did learn.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I've always acted the same in person as I am on line. I am no keyboard warrior. If I call you an asshat online I'd do it to your face. You can bet on that. I was taught to never say anything about someone that I would not say to their face. People aren't taught this anymore.

I don't pretend to like someone if I don't like them. I do "do my best" to avoid confrontation while on forums. I have gotten along great with the mod staff here (or at least I think I have ;-) as well as on other forums I belong to. I've never been banned or question on any forum for my "people skills".

It seems like some people thrive on keeping people and conversations on the edge of tipping. Thankfully most of those people are gone. There are a few here still, they and new members that do that behavior do get weeded out over time. It's s good thing as far as I am concerned.

TBH there are only a few people that have got the axe that I can think should have stayed, but then I am not privy to the info that goes on behind the scenes. The stuff that usually ends up with the member being shootered. And once in a while when the mods share the info it's like "WTF" I'd have banned them too. We have a great mod staffon this forum.

Most of banned members can be read like a bad book. It's like some are holding targets up saying bet ya can't get me. I don't miss those people. Not at all.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom