• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Sorry about the thread jack. I know thread jacking is a rare thing on Ingo.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Also remember that anyone can show their ass

Right. ANYONE can do that...but when it comes time for that special banning, the real men have a different plan...

weiner_rtr.jpg

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Harsh.

He crossed the line one too many times. We wasn't literally Hitler.

INGO is a discussion forum.

When I come here I like to write with people that have have unique and differing opinions to mine. This challenges me to reconsider my positions, and allows me to modify or abandon those that prove to be unuseful, untrue, or otherwise harmful. Diverse and intelligent conversation entertains and informs me.

Yet again we lose a voice that offers something different...something that makes INGO less of an echo chamber and more of a forum.

Please remember that our online persona is not our actual person.

Also remember that anyone can show their ass and get banned.

I agree. However, some people bring an attitude that makes it harder to miss them. I appreciate disagreement, and can get along fine with someone with whom I share almost no common ground. Conversely, I can be in 95% agreement with someone and not like them at all. It's the attitude.

I also think that online personas and real life persons aren't that much different. The ones who look different are often because they can't behave in the real world like they do here. But that character is inside the real person, otherwise he wouldnt be showing his butt when he gets the chance. That being said, a large allowance must be made for the poor communication medium that is the written word.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I tried to keep 17 in line for a while. He would send me PM's asking if he was crossing a line and link a thread/post.
    We would discuss the issues at hand and he did offer apology's at times. For some reason we drifted away from that.
    One of the Mods (Roby) I think met him at the last 1500. His take was that he was a decent enough fella but by his own admission just could not avoid a good disagreement.......go figure.
    I will miss his presence here. He did (at times) bring something to the forum. Now the avatar.......hell no.

He is a member I always wanted to meet just to see what the real person was about.

17, WTF man. Really.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Whoa, whoa, whoa... I thought INGO was a pants-free community? Now I'm getting banned for my pants-off typing? :dunno:
    I think it's when you turn the video cam on and start broadcasting is when things get dicey. I have received some infractions for that...

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I also think that online personas and real life persons aren't that much different. The ones who look different are often because they can't behave in the real world like they do here. But that character is inside the real person, otherwise he wouldnt be showing his butt when he gets the chance. That being said, a large allowance must be made for the poor communication medium that is the written word.

Another factor to consider is that some people are essentially engaged in a role-playing game when they're online. Some may not even be aware of it, but some do it intentionally. There are people who are banned from here that I've heard talking about how they were playing on here (after their ban with different login IDs). Most who role-play aren't belligerent enough to get banned and just want to have fun or portray something they are not but want to be.

Then there are people who are incapable of expressing themselves accurately with typed or written words.

And then there are people who are functionally no different online vs how they exist in meatspace. I'm one of those, for good or bad. I don't have the energy to pretend to be something I'm not or behave any differently than I already do.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I think I probably come off as different on line versus real world. In real life, I really don't have much to say to any one. I am more at ease communicating by electrons.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom