• Status
    Not open for further replies.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    And the forum gets just a little more echo-y.

Seemed fine until he got heated about the wife. A lot of his posts got personal (as did responses to him, let's not pretend otherwise)... but he at least challenged a lot of people here. Nothing wrong with that.

He started out alright, then tripped over himself in the past couple days and didn't hold back enough.

I agree that INGO should not be an echo chamber, however he didn't seem interested in just stating a varying opinion.

The posts that I read that got quoted, or on the rare occasion I clicked on it to read (regretting it every single time) it seemed he was being difficult just for the sake of being difficult. If there was an opposing view point then it was lost in either the hard charging rhetoric or the passive aggressiveness that went along with it.

I'm all for varying or alternative viewpoints, but they need presented in a respectful, intelligent and well thought out way. It brings credibility to the argument, shows you care about your position enough to do your research and doesn't insult the ones you are trying to discuss things with.

(Kut) Does a good job at this.

David failed at this, didn't try or just didn't care.

[video=youtube;DYKScQ3gn2I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYKScQ3gn2I[/video]

This is what I felt every time he joined a conversation. It reached the point where he would show up and after the second post I would just unsubscribe. The threads would devolve very quickly and seemed to end up in bickering. I'm not here to bicker and fuss, one of the main reasons I stay out of the political section. In the past I was able to gain some very good information about the candidates there. The links that other members come up with (especially you) were great and I learned a lot that I would not have otherwise. This cycle has been different. The mass media is full of manipulation and cover ups for for their chosen candidate. This is the time I would normally turn here. I've had to find my information elsewhere because of the level of crap in the political section is just as bad. Several times a day I go to the main page and click on INGO button to mark the political section as read so I can clear all the garbage off of the unread posts section. One of the reasons I'd like the ability to 'ignore' a sub-forum. For those that think I need a 'safe space' for this I invite you to fire up the advanced search engine and go back 4 & 8 years and re-read some of the posts from that time period. There was much less bickering and attacking each other and much more information about the election & the candidates. IIRC there was even a pro second amendment voting guide someone posted. Has there been one of those yet this time? Haven't seen one, but I've seen lots of cases of mud slinging at each other on here. That accomplishes nothing.

With all this going on the forum doesn't need people like david making things more difficult with his trolling. No loss at all IMO.

Rant off.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Maybe we need a recruitment campaign... reach across the isle to some democrat gun owners and offer them free site supporter status to join in our conversations.

:P

what magical fantasy island will we find them on though? :):

oh, no one to split hairs and invalidate an entire post based on one word anymore. I has a said. And I got it from your estate. :rofl:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Good riddance! I have no patience for anyone spouting liberal garbage in a condescending tone. I'll listen to liberal garbage, (to a certain extent) just not like that guy was preaching it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    2 and 5 can't exist at the same time. sorry.

So far I've not found any empirical evidence to refute that. First a liberal/progressive gun owner is rare indeed so there are not many examples from which to find one that's not also a douche bag.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    There is a lot more here than the membership has seen.
    He has been on the radar and I was one of the few that advocated he stay so we are not an echo chamber.
    I have had several PM's with him about his tone. Not his message but his delivery.
    I invited him for a burger on my dime and was willing to drive an hour to him due to his limited resources so we could get a better understanding. This did not happen.
    I have issued numerous in thread warnings due to him.

Then he used my wife as fodder for his ridiculous ranting.
    Lets just say it is best it was not FTF.

Sounds like it was for the best. I kinda liked picking at him on the political side but then again I wasn't having to put up with the obstinance nor insults to my family. Got what he deserved it appears.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    David came off like an angry person. Personal issues and poor choices put him in the place he finds himself. He expected others to fund what he deemed a normal life style.
    I saw the membership reach out with really good suggestions and offers of guidance to a man with multiple degrees. Actually sad.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    David came off like an angry person. Personal issues and poor choices put him in the place he finds himself. He expected others to fund what he deemed a normal life style.
    I saw the membership reach out with really good suggestions and offers of guidance to a man with multiple degrees. Actually sad.

Yeah. I think he's bitter. He actually took the people trying to give him suggestions on how to improve his own lot as insults.

But one thing my friend. And please take this as light-hearted as possible. When you tell someone off, you probably don't want to end with "good buy."

:):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah. I think he's bitter. He actually took the people trying to give him suggestions on how to improve his own lot as insults.

But one thing my friend. And please take this as light-hearted as possible. When you tell someone off, you probably don't want to end with "good buy."

Awe crap.........:):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Fixed it

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I missed a lot of what you are talking about, because after the first couple of days i treated him like dark matter. I didn't hit ignore I just skipped over his posts and watched what his gravitation did to the conversation. That is what I am doing with the 911 truther thread.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I missed a lot of what you are talking about, because after the first couple of days i treated him like dark matter. I didn't hit ignore I just skipped over his posts and watched what his gravitation did to the conversation. That is what I am doing with the 911 truther thread.

That thread needs to be closed.
    I seriously like ATM. But some topics are poison.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    CM, I really like ATM he is knowledgeable and adds a lot to the forum. It is just the subject.

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    When telling someone off, I like to end with "and **** you!" I understand that it's probably frowned upon in the moderator community. So that probably wouldn't work for you.

I haven't been around here that long. Nor do I know churchmouse personally, but the amount of restraint he exhibited after a personal attack deserves to be commended. Good on you sir I don't know if I could have done the same.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom