Not open for further replies.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    It seemed like he thought he was really going to find a lot of like minded liberals on this forum. He would not let some issues go. The Trump tax thing was not netting him the responses he was looking for. So things got to personal for him. I could not help but imagine him banging his head on the wall when he read threads and then posted. In the long run, think CM did him a favor. He will be less frustrated. Maybe the member ship will calm down a bit too. I've had my fill of his whining.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    It seemed like he thought he was really going to find a lot of like minded liberals on this forum. He would not let some issues go. The Trump tax thing was not netting him the responses he was looking for. So things got to personal for him. I could not help but imagine him banging his head on the wall when he read threads and then posted. In the long run, think CM did him a favor. He will be less frustrated. Maybe the member ship will calm down a bit too. I've had my fill of his whining.

You are far more charitable than me. I'm convinced it was quite deliberate.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    And the forum gets just a little more echo-y.

Seemed fine until he got heated about the wife. A lot of his posts got personal (as did responses to him, let's not pretend otherwise)... but he at least challenged a lot of people here. Nothing wrong with that.

He started out alright, then tripped over himself in the past couple days and didn't hold back enough.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Seemed fine until he got heated about the wife. A lot of his posts got personal (as did responses to him, let's not pretend otherwise)... but he at least challenged a lot of people here. Nothing wrong with that.

He started out alright, then tripped over himself in the past couple days and didn't hold back enough.

There is a lot more here than the membership has seen.
    He has been on the radar and I was one of the few that advocated he stay so we are not an echo chamber.
    I have had several PM's with him about his tone. Not his message but his delivery.
    I invited him for a burger on my dime and was willing to drive an hour to him due to his limited resources so we could get a better understanding. This did not happen.
    I have issued numerous in thread warnings due to him.

Then he used my wife as fodder for his ridiculous ranting.
    Lets just say it is best it was not FTF.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    4c2.gif

The struggle is realz.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I'd rather not have an echo chamber but it would just be nice if the dissenting voice wasn't an agitator. I think he took it personally when people suggested that at 55 or whatever he could find work and make a better life for himself. I guess he thought attacking CM's wife was the same thing people were saying to him. Not surprising since coming to INGO he's had a consistent problem with making false equivalencies out of different stuff.

There is a lot more here than the membership has seen.
    He has been on the radar and I was one of the few that advocated he stay so we are not an echo chamber.
    I have had several PM's with him about his tone. Not his message but his delivery.
    I invited him for a burger on my dime and was willing to drive an hour to him due to his limited resources so we could get a better understanding. This did not happen.
    I have issued numerous in thread warnings due to him.

Then he used my wife as fodder for his ridiculous ranting.
    Lets just say it is best it was not FTF.

Well, it just didn't work out. Some people just can't help themselves. I'd rather INGO wasn't an echo chamber but I'd also rather not have INGO be a place where members go around insulting member's spouses.

It was a good shoot.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Maybe we need a recruitment campaign... reach across the isle to some democrat gun owners and offer them free site supporter status to join in our conversations.

:P

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Maybe we need a recruitment campaign... reach across the isle to some democrat gun owners and offer them free site supporter status to join in our conversations.

:P

Why? So they can say "I like guns, but only these guns, and only some people should have them, should have to jump through a bunch of hoops to have them, and it's not that important to me anyway"?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Wanted. Liberal/progressive gun owner to participate in gun forum with a predominately conservative membership. Free site supporter status included. Must have thick skin and be willing to have your world view challenged. No douche bags.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    1. Wanted. 2. Liberal/progressive gun owner to participate in gun forum with a predominately conservative membership. 3. Free site supporter status included. 4. Must have thick skin and be willing to have your world view challenged. 5. No douche bags.

2 and 5 can't exist at the same time. sorry.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom