• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Please list if it is by city/town or corporate order that these places have these signs.

Corporate/Nation wide company bans

1. Buffalo Wild Wings- AFAIK it is a corporate order for corporate owned restaurants and not for locally owned franchises.

2. Toys 'R Us/Babys 'R Us- Corporate/nation wide.

3. AT&T- No firearm signs on doors.

4. Post Offices- Not all of them have no gun signs but it is generally believed that they may be federal property and therfore subject to a felony if you are caught carrying there. Use your own discretion.

Southern Indiana

1. St. Mary's hospital in Evansville- No firearms Allowed signs at all entrances ;)

2. Newburgh Post Office- Has a small no weapons sign showing a handgun.

3. Evansville Downtown Post Office- Has the same sign. I haven't seen a sign in any other branches.

4. Baby's 'R Us- The one by Target in Evansville has a No Firearms sign at the entrance.

Last edited:

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Northwest Indiana

1. Unique Resale Shop - 6144 Broadway - Merrillville

North Central Indiana

1. Cinemark Movies 14 - 910 West Edison - Mishawaka

2. St. Joseph Hospital - 5215 Holy Cross Pkwy - Mishawaka

Northeast Indiana

*Since nobody has offered to manage the Central Indiana region, I will gather the info. Please PM me if you are willing to take over.
    Central Indiana

1. St. Vincent Hospitals - 2001 86th Street West - Indianapolis

2. Ortho Indy - 1801 N. Senate Blvd. - Indianapolis

3. Greatimes Family Fun Park - 5341 Elmwood Ave. - Beech Grove

4. Value City Furniture - 1218 US 31 North - Greenwood

5. FEDEX - Muncie

Last edited:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    This thread will get long and unwieldy. I encourage the OP to keep the top post maintained, or put everything into a publicly-accessible spreadsheet or database (like in Google Apps, for example). We can sticky the thread or add it to the FAQ or something.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    This thread will get long and unwieldy. I encourage the OP to keep the top post maintained, or put everything into a publicly-accessible spreadsheet or database (like in Google Apps, for example). We can sticky the thread or add it to the FAQ or something.

Whats a FAQ? :dunno:

Here is a list of several confirmed corporate policies including Barnes & Nobles, Bass Pro, Best Buy, Bob Evans, Cabelas, Dick's Sporting Goods, Home Depot, Lowe's, Sears, Toy's-R-Us, Walmart, White Castle.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?71026-Corporate-Policies&highlight=walmart+letter

These policies have been specifically requested regarding Open Carry, but many simply address carrying in general.

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Im not 100% but i think all Simon malls so
    circle center
    castleton square
    fashion mall at keystone

Also all colleges and post offices

Neither Greenwood Park Mall or Circle Center Mall have no guns signs. It's just "policy". The post office in Greenwood on Smith Valley also has no sign, and I have OC'd into there a few times, as well.

I saw a no guns sign at the hospital on Meridian/135 in Greenwood. I'll be damned if I can't remember the name/branch of hospital, though.

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Neither Greenwood Park Mall or Circle Center Mall have no guns signs. It's just "policy". The post office in Greenwood on Smith Valley also has no sign, and I have OC'd into there a few times, as well.

I saw a no guns sign at the hospital on Meridian/135 in Greenwood. I'll be damned if I can't remember the name/branch of hospital, though.

Dang I thought i saw some signs last time i was at the malls.

Also maybe its just all the post office in my location right now.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana

Hoosierdood and I talked and we think that if we break the state down into areas like the MSG's then we could have several people in charge of maintaining parts of the state. I will take the southern part and also manage the Corporate or nation wide bans.

Perhaps with Moderator support we could organize the first few posts like that. Mine will be the first and I will list all places that are company wide, then under that would be for the southern part of the state.

amhenry

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Bloomington
    I was up in Carmel last week and saw a "No Weapons" sign on the front door of the Palladium. The decal was a handgun with a circle/slash through it. I asked a security guard and he said that the Palladium is publicly owned, so that posted sign is not in conformity with the IC as of July, right?

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I was up in Carmel last week and saw a "No Weapons" sign on the front door of the Palladium. The decal was a handgun with a circle/slash through it. I asked a security guard and he said that the Palladium is publicly owned, so that posted sign is not in conformity with the IC as of July, right?

If it is publicly owned I would have to say yes.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Whats a FAQ? :dunno:

Here is a list of several confirmed corporate policies including Barnes & Nobles, Bass Pro, Best Buy, Bob Evans, Cabelas, Dick's Sporting Goods, Home Depot, Lowe's, Sears, Toy's-R-Us, Walmart, White Castle.

Corporate Policies

These policies have been specifically requested regarding Open Carry, but many simply address carrying in general.

--

gpbrooks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    South Bend
    Cinemark Movies 14 - Mishawaka

has the not so friendly "no firearms" signs.
    Wound up CC since my Uncle had already purchased tickets, but I will not be returning there anymore. Their loss.

Top Bottom