• ...and so much more!
  • edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    St. Vincent Hospitals in Indianapolis - No weapons of any kind, and they claim to have the right to search your possessions (bags/purses).

Really? I had no idea.

I was at St Vincent's near 86th street Thursday night about 11:30pm with my girlfriend to visit her father in ICU.
    Came in through the Emergency door with an un-chambered Glock 27 in my coat pocket, went to Security and got my stick on "badge", then went up to ICU.

Passed two security officers and wasn't questioned or anything.

Guess I got lucky, and should read the sign a little closer.

I carried it because in recent past evenings when I was there, I saw some people between the hospital and the parking lot that I felt more comfortable NOT being defenseless.
    As once you go outside you're on your own.

ralphb72

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Greens Fork, IN
    The only place around me that I have seen a sign is at Elkhorn Cemetery south of Richmond. People are dying to get in there, but they must have a problem with people target shooting since it is in a rural area.

You know that if you stop going somewhere because they have a no gun sign, and you don't tell them AND their corporate office why, then it is not doing any good.

jojoa55

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    Evansville
    Went to the BDubs on the Eastside of Evansville yesterday and could not find the sign recently discussed anywhere. Maybe it's just the westside location? :dunno:

jojoa55

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    Evansville
    maybe they took it down? I went yesterday and scoured the entrance (both doors to the entrance and every bit of glass at the front door) and didnt see it anywhere

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Really? I had no idea.

I was at St Vincent's near 86th street Thursday night about 11:30pm with my girlfriend to visit her father in ICU.
    Came in through the Emergency door with an un-chambered Glock 27 in my coat pocket, went to Security and got my stick on "badge", then went up to ICU.

Passed two security officers and wasn't questioned or anything.

Guess I got lucky, and should read the sign a little closer.

I carried it because in recent past evenings when I was there, I saw some people between the hospital and the parking lot that I felt more comfortable NOT being defenseless.
    As once you go outside you're on your own.
    My daughter had outpatient surgery last week. We entered through the main Pavilion 1 doors, and the sign was pretty big. There was a security guard at the desk inside. Armed with a gun, of course. :rolleyes:

My wife worked on Naab road for years, and knew the local property managers pretty well. TONS of petty crime, and plenty of not-so-petty. I can't imagine NOT carrying there.

bassplayrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    Value City Furniture in Greenwood has a sign on the front glass of the store prohibiting firearms. They didn't say anything to me when I was buying 3 rooms full of stuff and carrying my 1911 that I know the sales lady had to see as I was testing several couches. Maybe she was more concerned with the commissions she was gonna get.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    My daughter had outpatient surgery last week. We entered through the main Pavilion 1 doors, and the sign was pretty big. There was a security guard at the desk inside. Armed with a gun, of course. :rolleyes:

My wife worked on Naab road for years, and knew the local property managers pretty well. TONS of petty crime, and plenty of not-so-petty. I can't imagine NOT carrying there.

At 11:30PM they make you go in the Emergency door.

Maybe the sign isn't as obvious there, as I've been there 3 times in recent days and don't remember seeing one there.

But I know now...

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Whats a FAQ? :dunno:

Here is a list of several confirmed corporate policies including Barnes & Nobles, Bass Pro, Best Buy, Bob Evans, Cabelas, Dick's Sporting Goods, Home Depot, Lowe's, Sears, Toy's-R-Us, Walmart, White Castle.

Corporate Policies

These policies have been specifically requested regarding Open Carry, but many simply address carrying in general.

Not sure about all these but can tell you with 100% certainty Walmart has no such policy or sign at any location in the entire company.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Not sure about all these but can tell you with 100% certainty Walmart has no such policy or sign at any location in the entire company.

Did you click the link and read the info? It states that Walmart policy is to follow the law of the state which the store is located in. As to the other stores listed, I didn't say that they were all posted, but that they had all confirmed that there was an actual corporate policy regarding firearms. Many of those policies are in fact very pro-rights.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Somewhat relevant - Response I received from BW3 when I asked about the Co Line and Emerson location becoming Anti-gun in the future:

Adam,
    Buffalo Wild Wings*currently bases the firearm on a store by store basis. We currently feel that this location has very little, if any, need for this policy to be implemented any time soon. We do ask that all persons who do possess are within compliance with any federal, state, and local laws. We appreciacte your business and if there are any questions please feel free to respond and we will get an answer to you.
    Thanks,
    Lucas Sexton
    Area Director, CWI d/b/a Buffalo Wild Wings

BDBHoover

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Northside Indianapolis
    As for the St. Vs on 86th St.

I was a patient at the ER there a few weeks back for possible appendicitis and they found that it was a pretty big kidney stone.... Anyway I was OC my G30 while being admitted and nobody said anything to me..... Not the nurse who took all my entry readings, not the nurse who put in my IV, not the nurse who stopped in to check on me, not the doctor while examining me, and not the security guard on my way out.... :dunno:

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Did you click the link and read the info? It states that Walmart policy is to follow the law of the state which the store is located in. As to the other stores listed, I didn't say that they were all posted, but that they had all confirmed that there was an actual corporate policy regarding firearms. Many of those policies are in fact very pro-rights.

Got ya....thought you was listing companies with anti gun policy. My fault on a misread.

zx6rman96

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    seen a no firearms sign at great times in beech grove. Havnt been there in years, but decided to take my 4yr old nephew there.

Udderchaos

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    NW Indy
    If I remember right, BASS Pro had a sign reading to check firearms at... I can't remember what counter. Still w/o the weapon you brought in...

bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    Southern Indiana

1. St. Mary's hospital in Evansville- No forearms Allowed signs at all entrances ;)

Well now that's going to be hard to get service. Excuse me while I pic your vein with my toes.

Second, Am I the only one who ignores any that aren't legally enforced? I may choose to CC, but it doesn't stop me. Good deals are out there, and as long as I don't get hassled, I don't care.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Well now that's going to be hard to get service. Excuse me while I pic your vein with my toes.

Second, Am I the only one who ignores any that aren't legally enforced? I may choose to CC, but it doesn't stop me. Good deals are out there, and as long as I don't get hassled, I don't care.

While it is true that these signs hold no weight of law, and can be ignored (Lord knows I ignore them), we are compiling this list so that we can all know who does not support the 2nd amendment. Let's say I want to take my wife out for dinner. My two choices are a restaurant who has a No Firearms sign posted, and one who clearly supports the 2A. Guess where I'm going?

If you feel like you should not support anti gun establishments with your dollars, now you have a list of places to avoid.

Top Bottom