• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I thought that all postoffices were no carry under federal law and you lose your LTCH if caught. No warning.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Buffalo Trace Park in Palmyra has "No Firearms" signs posted everywhere. This is a city park.

You should write the parks dept and ask them politely to take the signs down. Remiding them of the fact that they are no longer legal.

Tell them Ben and Guy said they might want to take them down LOL.

I thought that all postoffices were no carry under federal law and you lose your LTCH if caught. No warning.

I've OC'd into the Greenwood Post Office a couple of times... they've never said anything to me. I don't think I saw a sign, either.

This is quite touchy IMO. I have only seen No Firearm signs at two post offices. There seems to be conjecture as to whether or not PO are federal property or if all of them are or not. I would recommend against OCing in a post office unless you want to be a test subject for case law.

Good for you GPIA7, you seem to have the ability to OC everywhere and people rarely bug you, I'm jealous :D

newtothis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    Tell them Ben and Guy said they might want to take them down LOL.

This is quite touchy IMO. I have only seen No Firearm signs at two post offices. There seems to be conjecture as to whether or not PO are federal property or if all of them are or not. I would recommend against OCing in a post office unless you want to be a test subject for case law.

Good for you GPIA7, you seem to have the ability to OC everywhere and people rarely bug you, I'm jealous :D

Although I have only seen 2 of the "No Carry" signs in PO's, I have noticed on the papers with pictures stating laws pertaining to post offices, that if a person is caught with a firearm in a P.O. that the person can face federal charges if persued by Postal Agents (yes, the USPS does have FLEOs that investigate postal fraud and crimes that occur in Post Offices).

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Although I have only seen 2 of the "No Carry" signs in PO's, I have noticed on the papers with pictures stating laws pertaining to post offices, that if a person is caught with a firearm in a P.O. that the person can face federal charges if persued by Postal Agents (yes, the USPS does have FLEOs that investigate postal fraud and crimes that occur in Post Offices).

Signs can say anything they want to, they do not necessarily hold the weight of law or are even accurate. That being said it was not my intention to have this thread be a discussion of these things just simply a list of places that have them. If you want to talk more about it start a new thread and message me so I don't miss it.

Top Bottom