• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dcr465

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 4, 2012
    I saw in newspaper about Panther Ridge range opening near Solsberry but don't have any info on it anymore...

ryang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Have a friend telling me she passed a range around Madison Ave and Troy just south of Indianapolis, any clue what one that could have been? (Or she could be crazy)

jnycash81

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    Does anyone know if the Waveland Gun Club is still open? I've been trying call them for a few days with no luck. I live on the west side of Carmel and I'm looking for a range with >100 yds. If anyone has any other recommendations for ranges with >100 yds I'd love to hear them.

Thanks!!

DadOfFour

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I took my girlfriend to Wilbur Wright over the weekend, her first time shooting. Overall I'd say it was pretty good. I'm a little torn on how they handle cease-fires though. While it is convenient that you can get a cease-fire pretty much whenever you need/want just by asking the folks on the same range as you, it worried me somewhat that the range master wasn't directly involved in it. All told though, for a free range it was pretty good, and my girlfriend had a blast.....make a shooter outta her yet lol

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2012
    Batesville, IN
    Anyone know of any in SE Indy?
    The 2 I know of is Coonhunters Club inside Batesville, but requires membership and very limited access. Another is in Greensburg, but also requires a membership and limited access.
    I really hate progress, use to be when I was younger(Im 38), there were plenty of open cornfields to shoot in. Now it's someones backyard!

I've shot quite a bit at crosley fish and wildlife near north vernon and it's a nice range if it's not too busy. Oldenburg conservation club is ok but they are picky about ar15 and rapid fire stuff, but if you ask the board they dont mind as long as they know who it is. I do it all the time.

Belt99

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2012
    Anderson
    Winamac Fish and Wildlife Area

Had the chance to check out the Winamac Fish and Wildlife Area this weekend. I was really happy with the facilities there. They had a 25, 50, 100 and 200 yrd range. Each of the ranges had tables with a roof over them. I was really suprised by how nice and clean the area was. I would highly reccomend the range if you are in the area!

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Has anyone heard anything about Plainfield Shooting Supply opening a range? A buddy of mine told me they were, but all I can find online is rumors (like they did, but couldn't get permits, etc).

Currently, I'm a member of Linden CC and Applied Ballistics, but both are a bit of a haul for me. I know about MCFG and I am planning on checking them out during the suppressor shoot in June, but they appear to be pistol caliber only and no skeet/trap.

I would love to find a place that has full pistol and rifle ranges (preferably with rifle ranges longer than 100 yards with steel set up), allows full-auto, and has a full skeet set up. I'm not so sure this fantasy range exists (or at least exists within an hour drive of Indy).

I grew up in southern Ohio and we had an old 70 acre tobacco farm surrounded by a 500 acre wildlife preserve. You really get spoiled when you have your own land and can more or less do whatever want on it. Maybe I just need to buy some land out in the country and be done with it. :D

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I had heard somewhere that they were opening a range somewhere west of Indy, but thats been a while ago and that is all the detail I remember.

Top Bottom