• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ljungman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Lake Superior
    I too have been to wilbur wright and it was a decent range. 50 yards for rifles felt a little close. but it was a monitored range so no morons goofing off which i have seen to be a major issue on public ranges.

grube555

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2011
    Also CERA land in Columbus will let you shoot. You are supposed to be a member, but most will let you slide

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    Has anyone been to Koga's Pistol Parlor in New Carlisle? It is about 30 miles from me and did not know it existed until I was browsing the original list.

mschlatter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    In the Barn
    Does anyone have info on a range out by Harlan, IN? It is out on Rupert Rd. Sorry dont know the name of it. Live close by and would like to know what the dues are and how to become a member.

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Does anyone have info on a range out by Harlan, IN? It is out on Rupert Rd. Sorry dont know the name of it. Live close by and would like to know what the dues are and how to become a member.

It is Fort Wayne Rifle and Revolver Club: Fort Wayne Rifle & Revolver Gun Club... Home
    It is a private range with rifle ranges out to 300 yards, and concrete shooting benches--first rate.

There are, also, five handgun shooting bays, but three of them are reserved for use by the Fort Wayne Area Practical Shooters and the Allen County Practical Defense League.

Dues, currently, are $60 per year, with a one-time $60 initiation fee. However, you must be sponsored by an existing FWRR member, who will show up and vouch for you at a meeting.

Hope this helps a bit.

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Thanks for the info. Do you know anyone out there? Been there yourself? Friendly place?

Yes, I know some folks at FWRR, but I am not, yet, a member. May "bite the bullet" in 2012.

Yes, I have been there, but it has been about 3 years ago, with the Allen County Practical Defense League, which is a great bunch of folks and exceedingly safety conscious! Suggest you go to the FWRR website, then to the ACPDL page, and Dr. Alan Cooperman's phone number is there, assuming you are interested in "practical" handgun shooting. If your preference is rifles, then Lonnie Maggart at FWRR is the right person.

I would say it is, generally, a friendly place--at least in my experiences with the ACPDL. There have been "frictions" between the rifle folks and the handgun folks, but my understanding is that has abated a bit. I never experienced or witnessed any hostilities.

mschlatter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    In the Barn
    Yes, I know some folks at FWRR, but I am not, yet, a member. May "bite the bullet" in 2012.

Yes, I have been there, but it has been about 3 years ago, with the Allen County Practical Defense League, which is a great bunch of folks and exceedingly safety conscious! Suggest you go to the FWRR website, then to the ACPDL page, and Dr. Alan Cooperman's phone number is there, assuming you are interested in "practical" handgun shooting. If your preference is rifles, then Lonnie Maggart at FWRR is the right person.

I would say it is, generally, a friendly place--at least in my experiences with the ACPDL. There have been "frictions" between the rifle folks and the handgun folks, but my understanding is that has abated a bit. I never experienced or witnessed any hostilities.
    Thanks for the info. Looks like a great range from the website.

FishersCPA

Plinker
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Jul 18, 2008
    Fishers
    Noblesville Area... Hamilton County Fish & Game

Located off of US37 North of Noblesville @ 1100 Edith Avenue
    Noblesville, IN 46060. Hamilton County Fish & Game - Welcome! They have just made a great number of improvements...by Spring (with grass) it should be ready to go...

Anything in the Noblesville area? We just moved here and I an looking for both hand gun and long distance ranges, TIA

bbr1121

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2011
    murca
    INDY TRADING POST NEW RANGE

Just shot at the new range at Indy Trading Post. It's awesome. Great prices and very nice, well lit range. They are now open on Sundays too til 4

Top Bottom