• ...and so much more!
  • SWAMPMASTER

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Logantucky
    Thanks jnbjcoy :yesway: and welcome to INGO. :ingo:
    How about posting in the Introductions and Greetings (<clicky) thread and telling us about yourself.

I found Deep Winter and Shatter here.
    Index of /shtffiles/books_and_reading/

Deep Winter is listed as Deep_Winter_I.pdf and for some reason, Shatter is lasted as Deep_Winter_II.pdf.

It looks like there could be more good reads on this page, though I haven’t had time to check them out. Among them I see some of the Foxfire books and Lights Out though Lights Out is only the first 20 chapters.

It looks like some can be had in PDF and document format. I prefer the doc. format because I can change the font size and style to make it easier to read and it's also easier to mark my place when stop reading.

Link not correct or not working

Halffast

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2010
    Thank you all so much for your interest in Lights Out. I'm pleased that you enjoy the story. You can find out more at LightsOutTheBook.com.

I have asked that the PDF no longer be posted online or emailed. LO is copyrighted and does fall under the DCMA. I really appreciate your honoring my request.

If any of you have any questions about the story, I would be happy to answer them.

Thanks again and I wish all of you a Merry Christmas.

David

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Thank you all so much for your interest in Lights Out. I'm pleased that you enjoy the story. You can find out more at LightsOutTheBook.com.

I have asked that the PDF no longer be posted online or emailed. LO is copyrighted and does fall under the DCMA. I really appreciate your honoring my request.

If any of you have any questions about the story, I would be happy to answer them.

David

Welcome to the forum!
    Do you have an audio version in the works? I'm more than happy to support that!

teknickle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    God's Country

David
    Excellent book!
    I bought a Sony eReader this year just to read all the great ebooks out there!
    (Lights Out and Unintended Consequences are why I needed it).
    Glad to find an update on the Amazon store and look forward to reading the polished changes!!

indyartisan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   1
    Feb 2, 2010
    Hamilton Co.

David
    I read Lights Out online David. Enjoyed the story. I figure I owe you a few bucks:yesway:

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I bought the hardcopy of "Lights Out" as soon as I received the email from the SurvivalMonkey site.
    Ordered it on 12/13 and received it on 12/16. (That was FAST! :D)
    Finished reading it again. (I think that altogether, I have read it maybe 8 or 9 times) Much easier to read from the book than on line.

Thanks Halffast, for putting Lights Out in hard copy form. :rockwoot:

jamstutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2008
    Berne
    Welcome, Halffast, to INGO. I've been quite a fan of Lights Out and admit to sharing it with others in the past. Now that I see you have published hard copies I will, of course, refer interested readers to Amazon.com.
    Any chance it may be released as a nookBook through Barnes & Noble?

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana

David

I'm glad you were able to follow my advice (and some others) from years ago on a board I won't mention and get it published. It is very well written and I enjoyed it.

About One Second After, it's a good read but not exactly in the same vein as Lights Out.

Lights Out is something I'd want on my book shelf. One Second After is more of a book of the month club that may wake up a sheep or at least help segway the conversation a bit more.

In any event, Porter County Libraries have a few copies (it's where I borrowed one to read it) and I'd suspect most other libraries also do. After one read, I doubt you'll want to read it again.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Speaking of a long time ago, HalfFast, do you recall a story about a metorshower causing a SHTF event and it starting with a boyscout troop?

I recall about a dozen or so chapters being released. Was it ever finished?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    My wife got a Kindle for Christmas, and the first book she bought was "Lights Out" - for me to read! I'll try it out later this week. Can't beat the Amazon Kindle price.

endor43

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2011
    Hello all, I know this thread is a bit old, but I was wondering if you could do me a favor? I just moved to China from Indy to go to university in Shanghai. I read books on my nook because they're all in Chinese here, and really want to read Lights Out. The only problem is, that now it is only available in hard copy(which i obviously cannot get), and Kindle format which my nook doesn't support. I have no other choice but to try to find the PDF, do you still have it by chance and mind sending it to me? I'd appreciate it.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    It'll be hard to find in PDF. The author asked sites to remove the download when he published the full novel.

Google "lights out david crawford" and you might turn up a copy.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    So those who do not read from the beginning, Halffast is the very talented author David Crawford. I hope to contribute to the movie production shortly.

Halffast is *THE* David Crawford?

Whoa... That's Cool! Can't wait for a movie version. Now I need to go re-read the book.

Top Bottom