• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    The rep should have done this instead...
    obama-shoe-throw.jpg

Me... I'll just continue to pray.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Illegals will CONTINUE to get coverage on our dollar just like they have for a long time including several previous democrat and REPUBLICAN presidencies, including the previous 8 years of the Bush presidency while REPUBLICANS have full control of both the congress and senate as well as the presidency.

Cue the "it's all Clinton's fault for getting a "Monica" and a pizza in the whitehouse".

Argueing who will be covered is just the political magician critter's left hand diversion. There's nothing really going on there and no real disagreement. The only thing they are really argueing over is WHO IS GOING TO PAY FOR IT ALL. Every dead beat loser in government is wanting to give something to people he thinks will keep him in office and make the people pay for it who he thinks will not help keep him in office.

Sure they get coverage, through the Emergency Room, they take their chances if it's going to be good enough. Now we set them up with a nice policy and everytime someone gets a foot cramp they can go see a foot doctor and an abortion too, I still see a difference.

There is lots of stuff to argue about the "Bill" that was just one outright lie The Great One told. There was an amendment suggested that they set in place a system for checking status and that abortions not be covered, both were rejected by the Democrats on the committee, except for a few that voted with the Repblicans on that one.

I still remember Bush and McCain pushing for "comprehensive immigration reform." Bush was no conservative and I don't think he was a good president overall, if he was we would not be in this mess now. We can't go back and change that, we can only fight now against this on it's own demerits.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Sorry, didn't read the whole thread.

I saw this too this morning on Fox. I jumped up and said F YEA! YOU TELL THAT SOB! CALL HIM OUT ON HIS :bs:!!!

Then they went to the thing about ACORN... :):

What a day.

csnoski

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am Confused

It occurred to me last night that the 47 million uninsured number being batted around includes 8-10 million illegals? I believe I have read that in numerous articles breaking down that number. So....why does the prez continue to say 47 million if he really means 37-39 million?

Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Rush played a tape today of the Liar-in-Chief speaking in front of his union buddies at the SEIU saying, "it might take us 10 years to get rid of employer furnished insurance".

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I just can't believe he stood up and said Health Insurance should be mandated.

I once told a buddy of mine after being pulled over with no insurance that watch, one day they'll tell us we HAVE to have health and life insurance as well.... :rolleyes: I hate when I'm right.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Sure they get coverage, through the Emergency Room, they take their chances if it's going to be good enough. Now we set them up with a nice policy and everytime someone gets a foot cramp they can go see a foot doctor and an abortion too, I still see a difference.

There is lots of stuff to argue about the "Bill" that was just one outright lie The Great One told. There was an amendment suggested that they set in place a system for checking status and that abortions not be covered, both were rejected by the Democrats on the committee, except for a few that voted with the Repblicans on that one.

I still remember Bush and McCain pushing for "comprehensive immigration reform." Bush was no conservative and I don't think he was a good president overall, if he was we would not be in this mess now. We can't go back and change that, we can only fight now against this on it's own demerits.

They do right now and not just the criminals here from other countrys. The low life trash and dead beats born in this country do as well. In fact I know a few of the low life trash well enough to know their family doctor, Dr. E. Mergency. I sat in the emergency rooms listening to them telling the emergency room techs telling about this "terrible head ache". How long has it hurt? "Three days."

RCB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Near Bedford
    I personally can't condone it. There are times and places specifically for his opinions (which he does often which is a good thing). This was a presidential address not an open floor. Regardless if I dislike someone or not, I would prefer our representatives to show the respect they would want as well. Of course he isn't OUR representative, but still.

All the politicians I have known of lie, whether it be directly or covertly. There are a lot of masters to serve. I always thought the democrats were pretty pathetic with all their bickering and hate mongering instead of presenting even views of all their constituents. It pains me to see "conservatives" doing the same thing.

I personally can't support any plan that requires everyone to have insurance, because it offers no guarantees about costs. So if in ten years if the cheapest insurance is 20k a year, no matter what... I would still have to pay it whether I agreed with it or not. Look how much money is dumped into auto insurance each year.

They really do need to scrap this patchwork and start over, but I do hope we can keep our heads about us.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I personally can't condone it. There are times and places specifically for his opinions (which he does often which is a good thing). This was a presidential address not an open floor. Regardless if I dislike someone or not, I would prefer our representatives to show the respect they would want as well. Of course he isn't OUR representative, but still.

But it that **NOT** liberty, freedom, and democracy at it's finest hour working? What out country in the world can you yell out "LIAR" to the top leader and not be dragged off the jail or to be shot? He spoke his mind and the mind of what is on many of us here and perhaps a good majority of the US population now.

Liberty, Freedom and Democracy cut both ways you know. You, Me, They, have to take the good and the bad of it and allow the flow of information to run.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    They really do need to scrap this patchwork and start over, but I do hope we can keep our heads about us.

THEY NEED TO SCRAP IT ALL AND WORK ON REPEALING ALL THESE LAWS AND LET THE STATES AND THE PEOPLE BRING US BACK OUT OF DEBT BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!!!!

Sorry for yelling. But I'm serious.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south

All the politicians I have known of lie, whether it be directly or covertly. There are a lot of masters to serve. I always thought the democrats were pretty pathetic with all their bickering and hate mongering instead of presenting even views of all their constituents. It pains me to see "conservatives" doing the same thing.

I personally can't support any plan that requires everyone to have insurance, because it offers no guarantees about costs. So if in ten years if the cheapest insurance is 20k a year, no matter what... I would still have to pay it whether I agreed with it or not. Look how much money is dumped into auto insurance each year.

That auto insurance thing has gotten me thinking...As a trial run, why not give the feds a go at offering car insurance. They already require it of everybody who drives a car. If they can make it work for a trial period, say 5 years, then give them a chance to try health insurance. The only problem that I anticipate with my suggestion (besides the fact that it is as unconstitutional as the gov't offering health insurance) is that no matter what the outcome, they'd say, "it would have been worse if we hadn't done what we did, and we can do better if we just have more control than you've given us now."

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    "the time for bickering is over. The time for games is past."

Translation:
    It was time for bickering when I was in the senate and there was a republican President, but now that I'm the president, do as I say, not as I did.

Observation:
    He says everybody is responsible for making this plan work. He says nothing of our own responsibility for ourselves, and for our own health. Responsible for the collective, but no individual responsibility.

"noone should go broke because they get sick"
    Is he mandating everyone get AFLAC coverage, too?

I do get a kick out of the laughter that erupts when he says "significant details still need to be worked out." Didn't he promise that he'd be explaining the details of the plan in this filibuster? I mean, speech.

This "health care reform" is not about health, care, or reform. It is about CONTROL.

SC_Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Bloomington
    You know, the good folks from my home state of SC do have some issues - but being afraid to say what they mean is NOT one of them. Not the best way to maintain decorum, but I doubt there's a person in his district right now who doubts where the man stands.

Can any of us say that about OUR representatives?

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    You know, the good folks from my home state of SC do have some issues - but being afraid to say what they mean is NOT one of them. Not the best way to maintain decorum, but I doubt there's a person in his district right now who doubts where the man stands.

Can any of us say that about OUR representatives?

It's TIME to SPEAK UP instead of cowering like little girls. KUDOS to Rep Wilson for having the BALLS to speak out. My Democratic Rep (Ellsworth) is hiding under Pelosi's desk. Shudder the thought. :rolleyes:

Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You are all sucked in if you think this is some kind of negotiation to arrive at the best solution. This is the "Progessives" first step in destroying 16% of our economy. Do not be fooled! This is only the opening salvo!

Top Bottom