Lets work together to get a gunsmithing forum.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Im gonna have short thread topic soon on cutting down an AR front sight base to a Low Profile gas block. That way people can see how easy it is and you can save money on a low pro and still have a pinned gas block. Ill aslo be doing one on bedding and free floating a rifle stock. Hopefully with enough threads started we can get the new forum started. Im going to the gunsmithing school at Wabash Valley Community College this next fall semester and will be sure to add in on the things I learn there as well.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I'll contribute a thread here in a week or so if I can get my hands on a digital camera. As soon as my replacement parts come in.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    I am not a smith yet, but sure would love to learn from those of you that are to open up new avenues and 'adventures' with firearms. I would love to see a gunsmithing sub-forum.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    +1 to this, teaching myself stockwork (starting with hand-checkering, carving, etc., then up to fitting).

The "artsy/decorative" area is one area that I'm not as skilled in. I can do woodwork and have for years, but fancy carving or extravagant checkering I'll leave to others. Everythings else I can handle, especially custom mechanical applications/designs.

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    The "artsy/decorative" area is one area that I'm not as skilled in. I can do woodwork and have for years, but fancy carving or extravagant checkering I'll leave to others. Everythings else I can handle, especially custom mechanical applications/designs.

One of relatives (he's a cousin of some number, over second) does the stocks for Dakota Arms and has his own custom shop. Here's one of the guns he did:

S071.jpg

Suffice it to say I won't be working on wood that nice for a looooooong time.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    One of relatives (he's a cousin of some number, over second) does the stocks for Dakota Arms and has his own custom shop. Here's one of the guns he did:

S071.jpg

Suffice it to say I won't be working on wood that nice for a looooooong time.
    the woodwork is easy, but it's the engraving and patterning stuff that i'm not good with...my uncle was a reverred gunsmith in the Indy area for several decades too

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom