• ...and so much more!
  • E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    760226831_phPpd-L.jpg

a Beretta M9, exactly what ive been looking for to buy. if anyone has one to sell PM me please. i want an actual M9

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    can you buy an actual m9? ive never seen one for sale.

Unless he is referring to the commercial M9's that are 92FS with M9 markings then no. To my knowledge you can't own an actual Beretta M9 as it's government property, and my g/f's brother "who is in the national guard and has kept logs on M16's" he told me that when guns or parts to guns in their armories become unusable they destroy them. Heck he also told me that unless you were an NCO or higher you can't even get an M9 while in service. He's been in for almost I think four years now and he has yet to even fire one of their M9's. Though he has seen them on the armory's racks.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    Unless he is referring to the commercial M9's that are 92FS with M9 markings then no. To my knowledge you can't own an actual Beretta M9 as it's government property, and my g/f's brother "who is in the national guard and has kept logs on M16's" he told me that when guns or parts to guns in their armories become unusable they destroy them. Heck he also told me that unless you were an NCO or higher you can't even get an M9 while in service. He's been in for almost I think four years now and he has yet to even fire one of their M9's. Though he has seen them on the armory's racks.

i thought they were destroyed too. the one pictured says m9 though, and ive never seen one even close to the condition thats in. soldiers weapons are not safe queens. unless the soldier himself is a queen.

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    I am willing to bet the one in the picture is a civilian made M9. I have seen them at gun stores before with the same markings. One way to tell if it's real or not is the cage numbers I think, plus if i remember right the numbers that would normally be on the hammer aren't there on the civvie models. But I can't tell in the pic either because it's showing the right side of the gun.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I am willing to bet the one in the picture is a civilian made M9. I have seen them at gun stores before with the same markings. One way to tell if it's real or not is the cage numbers I think, plus if i remember right the numbers that would normally be on the hammer aren't there on the civvie models. But I can't tell in the pic either because it's showing the right side of the gun.
    Beretta sold 1,500 "real" M9's several years ago in boxed sets. They have all of the proof marks (the serial numbers and C on the hammer and the P on the slide) and other proper markings. The gun pictured is a "real" M9. I had two of them, but wound up selling one.

I will take a picture of the markings later today if you like.

Beretta has also sold M9's that are marked "M9" but lack the proof marks.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    Beretta sold 1,500 "real" M9's several years ago in boxed sets. They have all of the proof marks (the serial numbers and C on the hammer and the P on the slide) and other proper markings. The gun pictured is a "real" M9. I had two of them, but wound up selling one.

I will take a picture of the markings later today if you like.

Beretta has also sold M9's that are marked "M9" but lack the proof marks.

ahh. well, i tried to steal the one i carried in iraq, but it didnt work. they got the m4 too. sigh.

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    ahh. well, i tried to steal the one i carried in iraq, but it didnt work. they got the m4 too. sigh.

lol! if you are being serious how did you even try to steal a pistol? In a duffel bag or something?:D

On another note, an acquittance I know tried to smuggle back four ACOG type scopes for a m4 rifle, and on his last month in Iraq, he was on top of a bunker with nothing but a M9, and got picked off by a sniper with a Dragunov.
    The bullet went through both his thighs and blew off one of his testicles. Needless to say he was sent to Berlin for surgery, and a skin graft and while in the hospital, someone went through his stuff and took the ACOG's.:n00b:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    can you buy an actual m9? ive never seen one for sale.

You can buy them. Only real difference between the M9 & 92FS is the finish, and the sights. The 92FS has 3 dot sights, the M9 (at least the ones I carried waaaay back when) has white dot on front, white bar below the rear.

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    You can buy them. Only real difference between the M9 & 92FS is the finish, and the sights. The 92FS has 3 dot sights, the M9 (at least the ones I carried waaaay back when) has white dot on front, white bar below the rear.

Two of my Beretta's had the same sights you mentioned. Both models were the 92F not the FS.

10523_282963395595_667380595_8851942_3380822_n.jpg

Another pic shooting my first Beretta which was also a 92F, pic taken in 2005 at the Eaton shooting range. Which has since become private because some moron left 7.62x39 laying in the grass which got hit by a lawn mower. -_-

18176_409339075595_667380595_10373998_7212613_n.jpg

Also pictured is my old 3rd Gen Glock 19 which was the very first handgun I bought "with my g'ma's help and was my first 9mm." It was also the first 9mm I ever fired. I really miss both guns for sentimental reasons.

Last edited:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus

The M9 does not have any safety warnings on the slide, unlike the 92FS. It also uses a two dot sight, unlike the 92FS that uses a three dot sight. Lastly the 92's dust cover curves slighty, where as the M9's is straight.

Last edited:

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    The M9 does not have any safety warnings on the slide, unlike the 92. It also uses a two dot sight, unlike the 92 that uses a three dot sight. Lastly the 92's dust cover curves slighty, where as the M9's is straight.

Both my 92F models were the same.... they both had a non radiused back strap with straight dust covers, along with no warning labels of any kind on the frame and or slide... and had the same sights as you described...:D

rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon
    Bought my first gun last Tuesday. (Glock 17) Been adding mags and accessories since. Can't wait for my LTCH. Once it comes, the 30 round mag is going in the glove box and the 17 round will be on my hip.

IMG00097.jpg

Top Bottom