Let's play a Game of 'Normal or Not Normal'.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    No one's ever told me whether my shower spitting is normal or not normal, just reesez getting reminded of urinating.

Spitting to get unwanted soap out of your mouth = normal. Salivating like Pavlov's dog because you compulsively spit while in the shower = not-so-much :D

jkfletcher

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    A geographical oddity
    Numbers that I can set on anything, including but not limited to: tv volume, stereo volume, car radio volume, thermostat, have to be set on an even number with anything involving a 5 being an exception. ie. 73 = HELL NO, 75 = ok

Can't eat onions at all, except for onion rings

Can't stand to have paper money facing opposite directions, all has to be same side up and facing the same direction.

Won't drink soda from a bottle, either has to be a can or a cup...seems to taste different to me. Pouring the soda out of the bottle and into a cup makes it taste the same

More that I can't think of right now

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I shower and dry off exactly the same every time. The only variation is how much shampoo I use depending on the length of my hair.

:laugh: when I first read this, I thought it said you shower and dry off at the same time. I was going to ask how in the world you do that...but never mind now.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    are you left handed?
    I always do the same but do left first, I a right handed and it's always the last to get covered.

and
    are_you_normal_final_copy.jpg

Nope, I'm a righty, it's almost bad enough that if I put on my left glove first, I have to take it off and put the right one on then the left...

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    I shower and dry off exactly the same every time. The only variation is how much shampoo I use depending on the length of my hair.

I always take my hand and wipe all of the extra water off of my arms and legs before reaching for the towel. It's odd, but I do it after I swiw, or get out of the hot tub.
    And I hope your hair doesn't grow that rappidly.....
    or do you sometimes forget to take your wig off?
    is that you papascout?!

he-man-wig.jpg

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Numbers that I can set on anything, including but not limited to: tv volume, stereo volume, car radio volume, thermostat, have to be set on an even number with anything involving a 5 being an exception. ie. 73 = HELL NO, 75 = ok

Can't eat onions at all, except for onion rings

Can't stand to have paper money facing opposite directions, all has to be same side up and facing the same direction.

Won't drink soda from a bottle, either has to be a can or a cup...seems to taste different to me. Pouring the soda out of the bottle and into a cup makes it taste the same

More that I can't think of right now

Are we related?! I hate odd numbers but I'm fine with 5's. It's actually my favorite number. Yes, I have a favorite number...and letter. I love onion rings yet hate onions. And I freak out if my money is not all facing the same way.

Ok so we aren't the same on the soda bottle but still. That's just scary. Maybe I'm not as weird as I thought I was :dunno:

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When I get onion rings, I can't just eat them. i have to eat them in order from smallest to largest, but that's not all... I have to stack them from largest on bottom to smallest on top, season them, and then eat them in order from top to bottom. I seriously can't just reach into a pile of onion rings, grab one, and eat it.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Big fan of parody songs. Whenever I hear a song on the radio, the parody starts up in my head. Sometimes I sing along the parody with the original. NOTE: Singing "dirty deeds done with sheep" can be awkward in a crowded room!

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    NO, it's a treat. :D

A treat, right..........

“Will you walk into my parlour?” said the Spider to the Fly,
    'Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy;
    The way into my parlour is up a winding stair,
    And I've a many curious things to shew when you are there.”

“Oh no, no,” said the little Fly, “to ask me is in vain,
    For who goes up your winding stair
    -can ne'er come down again.

But, but I have M&M's. :D

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    A treat, right..........

“Will you walk into my parlour?” said the Spider to the Fly,
    'Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy;
    The way into my parlour is up a winding stair,
    And I've a many curious things to shew when you are there.”

“Oh no, no,” said the little Fly, “to ask me is in vain,
    For who goes up your winding stair
    -can ne'er come down again.

But, but I have M&M's. :D

I am a friendly captor :D

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Big fan of parody songs. Whenever I hear a song on the radio, the parody starts up in my head. Sometimes I sing along the parody with the original. NOTE: Singing "dirty deeds done with sheep" can be awkward in a crowded room!

:laugh: I just spit potato chips across the room!

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    No one's ever told me whether my shower spitting is normal or not normal, just reesez getting reminded of urinating.
    I spit in the shower but not compulsively and I don't salivate thinking about a shower... I say not normal, but spitting alone is not unusual...

My biggest odd behavior is counting. I have to count in my head as I do things. I think it's just because I have a very active mind and if I'm doing something monotonous (like walking) my mind still has to be busy. So while I'm walking, I count my steps. And it's not just counting, I actually try to guess how many steps it will take me to get to my destination. Or, I have different patterns of counting and I'll try to guess what "number" of the pattern I'll be on when I get there.

Some patterns are as follows:
    Pattern 1: 1 step; 1,2 steps; 1,2,3 steps, 1,2,3,4 steps and so on and I'll try to guess what number I'll be on when I get there as in lets say I guess 9, I'll try to get to my destination right as I hit the "9" in my count of 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9
    Pattern 2: pick a high number and a low number counting from both ends and trying to get to my destination when I meet in the middle. Lets say I pick 42 as my high number. I will count 1,42,2,41,3,40,4,39 and hopefully get to 22 right as a reach my destination...

If I'm not walking I count my fingers, or letters on a page full of writing...

Of course, if my mind is busy no need to count, it's already busy.... I try to keep my mind busy with things because sometimes I feel like the numbers are starting to stalk me if I count too long... :n00b:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure this is not normal...

Small side note: the highest I ever counted on pattern 1 was well over 200... and I only started counting after we were about 75% of the way to our destination. It was during a high-school field-trip type of thing (actually a national competition for mathematics) in Kansas City. We walked from our hotel to find something to eat late at night (with our teacher/chaperone who was really old) and we just kept walking and walking and walking... it started to look like we were in a really bad area of town and our chaperone is just strolling along... Finally after over an hour of walking we got to a Wendy's that was "open late" but only the drive-through... and they wouldn't let us walk-through the drive-through... there were no other places to eat open that night so we all went hungry... and walked back... Come to find out, it was a bad part of town, and those girls we saw hanging out on that one corner... they were probably not just waiting for the bus... you get the idea... after we were on our way back to the hotel I started counting and got over 200, so that would be 20,000 steps...

Last edited:

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I feed kitty cat 1/3 of a can of wet food right when I get home from work. When she's done with it a couple hours later, I swap it out for a measured 1/2 cup of dry food, and that's her food until the next evening. When I have to work the afternoon shift, I come home to feed her the wet food. She'd be fine, it's me that wouldn't be.

On my new single serve coffee machine, I first run a cup of plain water to pre-heat the machine so the coffee is brewed a couple degrees (measured w/ a thermometer to test) hotter and to warm up my cup. I measure the amount of water I put in to the machine. 8oz for regular k cups, 10oz for bold ones. Measured 1/2 teaspoon of sugar in the cup. Only been drinking coffee for a few months after I cut waaaay back on diet soda.

When I take my lunch to work, I take a sandwich, a pickle, a small bag of Sun Chips, and a serving of fruit. Changing from fruit cups to whole pieces of fruit was a big deal.

When pumping gas, I stop filling when it first clicks. Then I record the gallons, price per gallon & total, gas station & location, and miles on the trip odometer in a notebook. Then I reset the trip odometer. I have every tank of gas since I bought the car recorded (5+ years).

I'm particular about a lot of things... any single one isn't "bad", but added together makes me feel not-normal.

Top Bottom