• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    ok ok, If I do carry it for some ungodly reason, I still dont use a holster cause I cant find one that is even halfway concealable
    Then you're not trying to, or you're trying to conceal a rifle. I'm a relatively small person compared to most people on this board, and I probably wear my clothes tighter than any of them, and even I don't have a problem concealing my P250 when I want to. I know it's there, but the random people I'm passing by at the supermarket don't even notice it.

(My apologies to VUPDblue for getting off track on this one.)

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    ok ok, If I do carry it for some ungodly reason, I still dont use a holster cause I cant find one that is even halfway concealable

That's why a lot of us end up with a box full of holsters, if you can't conceal a gun in a holster your just not trying or your mind is playing games with you because you think everyone sees that your carrying.
    :twocents:

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    I can recall one time that I had my firearm on my person and it wasn't in a holster..

I heard glass breaking late one night, and I slipped out with my old P89 and a flashlight to investigate. It turned out to be a motor-vehicle accident in my yard, and the gentleman inside was bleeding pretty badly from the head. I put on the safety, tucked the ruger at about 5'oclock, and administered first aid until EMS arrived. LEOs took a statement and were on their way, no mention of the firearm whatsoever.

As far as actual carry, it's in a holster. I've got good holsters that I can slip on with just about anything, so why not??

mustangmaniac92

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 12, 2008
    Petersburg, IN
    I'd probably have to agree with you guys on the "feeling like everyone can tell your concealing" thing. I'm sure that it's more of a mental thing for me, but are there any good recomendations for a 4" xd .40???

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Hundreds of recommendations - it depends on what you like and what works for you..

If there was one holster that worked for everybody, there wouldn't be so many holster manufacturers, now would there?? :)

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    75% of the time in a holster. Sometimes in the truck, sometimes I carry it in my shoulder bag without a holster. Sometimes in a pocket without a holster. Not always the same gun.

sig-sweet

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Always in a holster is the safe way either carried on or stored. We are taught, ( everyone s should be anyway) that when we are removing our weapon from a holster that we index our trigger finger along the side of the slide of our auto or the barrel of a wheel gun. Placing a 'loose' weapon can be dangerous when we 'grab' for it. When we grab anything it's a motion with the entire hand grasping. It's a whole different muscle memory and the trigger can easily be activated during the movement of the weapon. The chance of accidental discharge increase tremendously. I am by no means an expert in this field, but the training I've had does cover scenarios’ like this. Anytime we train on, with or about weapons our instructors preach carrying and safety. Not preaching, hope it helps. Take care

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Always carry in a holster. I have never even tried Mexican carry, even unloaded just to see what it is like.

I also have never had a gun fall out of a holster ever.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Holster 100% (unless is in the safe, or in a case, or in my hand).

There's no comparison. Keeps the gun cleaner. Protects the finish. Covers the trigger. Rides securely. More concealable. I've never seen anyone carry without a holster who wasn't almost constantly telegraphing the fact that they were carrying with little signature "adjustment" moves. If one knows what to look for, it's obvious.

Even the little cheap Uncle Mikes' soft neoprene holsters are better than nothing.

BTW - if you can't find a holster that is concealable, the problem may be your belt.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    I always carry in a holster, either OWB or IWB depending on my dress at the time. I tried Mexican carry a few times, but they always get mad and yell at me to put them down.

Top Bottom