• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosiertriangle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Avon, IN
    There are a few different "comforts" being discussed here. I would like to get a little clearer.

1. Comfortable - As in, I trust my gun in a holster and lets my mind be at ease
    2. Comfortable - As in, I like my gun in a holster because it makes wearing it more physically desirable

I keep mine in a holster in both 1 and 2 because it makes the most sense to me and maximizes both 1 and 2.

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    I would say that I carry in a holster 90% of the time. There are occasions that I have used a coat pocket or pants pocket to carry but that is very rare.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Keltec 3AT rides in a pocket holster when the pocket is big enough, otherwise it's in my right pocket by itself. I never carry ANYTHING else in that same pocket! I sometimes carry my Keltec P11 in my waist using the optional factory belt clip. Otherwise..... in a holster. :yesway:
    :cheers:

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    I carry in a holster 100% of the time. If I leave it in the truck, it is still in a holster. The only time it is not in a holster is when it is on the night stand next to the bed while I am sleeping.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I carry in a holster 100% of the time. If I leave it in the truck, it is still in a holster. The only time it is not in a holster is when it is on the night stand next to the bed while I am sleeping.

Doesn't that make it kind of difficult to shoot at the range? not to speak about cleaning. :laugh:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Who here carries their gun in a holster 100% of the time?
    How about 75-99%?
    50-74% - etc...

Anyway, I'm gonna try the crossbreed and hope I like it...

I carry a 1911 pattern gun 99% of the time and when I carry one of those, like right now, then I use a holster.

80% of the time the holster I use is a CrossBreed IWB. About 5% of the time I use a Com Tac IWB. About 5% of the time I use a GALCO SOB and about 5% of the time I use a Don Hume JIT. I find the JIT to be the least comfortable holster I own, but it is what I have on today. So for 1911 carry, its in a holster 100% of the time.

The 1% of the time that I carry a pocket pistol, and that really is only about 1% of the time, I carry it in my pocket without a holster. Its an AMT "DAO Back-Up" and that gun is safe to carry loose in a pocket. So for pocket pistol carry, which again is very very rare, its loose carry.

I should also point out that a 1911 pattern gun, carried loose in the pocket is simply dangerous IMO, so that is one reason I would never carry it loose. Another reason I would not carry one of my 1911 pattern guns loose in pocket is that none of them are small enough to fit in a pocket.

Top Bottom