• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Who here carries their gun in a holster 100% of the time?
    How about 75-99%?
    50-74% - etc...

I have tried many types of holsters and have always gone back to carrying without a holster. I honestly don't like carrying that way because I don't think it's contained well and I think it's irresponsible on my part to carry a weapon that is not properly contained.

Anyway, I'm gonna try the crossbreed and hope I like it...

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I have never carried a pistol that was not in a holster of some kind. The only exception to this was my old Kel-Tec P-32 I just used the attachable belt clip a few times but didn't like i.t

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Who here carries their gun in a holster 100% of the time?
    How about 75-99%?
    50-74% - etc...

I have tried many types of holsters and have always gone back to carrying without a holster. I honestly don't like carrying that way because I don't think it's contained well and I think it's irresponsible on my part to carry a weapon that is not properly contained.

Anyway, I'm gonna try the crossbreed and hope I like it...

My apologies for being too new to firearms to understand... but how is carrying in a holster "not properly contained?" I can't think of any safer way to possibly carry it.

And yes, when I do carry it, if I'm not actively using it, it's in the holster. Period.

Edit: I think I misunderstood. What you were saying is that you always go back to carrying without a holster because you don't like the latest holster you've tried, but you don't like carrying without because you don't think it's contained well without it being in a holster.. right? If that's the case, I agree. There needs to at least be something covering the trigger to prevent a ND.

Last edited:

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    i've carried "mexican" on and off for decades. never dropped a pistol or had any problems of any sort. i have dropped pistols out of big name holsters. i don't recommend or condemn holsterless carry, just saying...

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Yeah, you misunderstood. Maybe I should have been a little clearer - sorry.

Pistol in your fundies? 3 am knock on the door means the gun is in my hand...

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I am guilty of mexican carry, I have done off and on since 1991.

If I shoot myself in the leg, or in a far worse area, it is no ones fault but my own.

That being said, I have never had an issue carrying mexican style.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    I use a IWB holster 98% of the time (yes its loaded) and I trust every handgun I own. But have at times carry without a holster. But those times I keep my chamber empty. I would hate to snag the trigger and shoot my leg. And its due to work & sweat that my gun may find a pocket. And at home I keep it resting behind my wall mounted LCD in my room... thats about 1.5ft from the celling no way my kid can reach it not even with a chair. (for now) Installing a handgun safe this week. :)

Last edited:

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    I always (100%) carry in a holster. I spend pretty good money on holsters, and if the handgun and holster are a proper fit, the handgun will stay holstered. I was chasing my 13 yr old grandson around the other day, and slipped and fell down hill about 10 yards butt-over-teakettle, and the pistol stayed right where it belonged. No thumb-break, either. Personal choice, either way. What works for me certainly doesn't have to work for anyone else.

Last edited:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    underwear waste band

I saw them in concert! Sound quality was crap:D

I haven't carried without a holster in years. I find an OWB kydex holster to be more comfortable than any other method. Of course a proper belt makes that all the more true.

Top Bottom