• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ctrent

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    Fortville, IN
    Wardrobe is going to be the biggest factor for CC. Skin Tight clothes and you're going to have trouble concealing anything. A good gun belt and holster will help.
    Yea, I have thought about this too. A girl always appreciates a reason to have to buy new clothes! :D

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    So, half hour or so from kokomo? Pick a day and my wife and I could meet you at bullseye. I've got a Glock 19, M&P, and a few others not on your list that you could try.

ctrent

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    Fortville, IN
    So, half hour or so from kokomo? Pick a day and my wife and I could meet you at bullseye. I've got a Glock 19, M&P, and a few others not on your list that you could try.
    Wow! What a nice offer. Unfortunately I don't know how I could get up there before I head to the show on Saturday. (Work 2 jobs and have 3 kids). It would be nice to meet up with some friends to shoot though...maybe we can do such sometime. I always welcome meeting new friends. :)

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    You'll get a lot of "yay, Glock" from Glock fans and "yay, Ruger" from Ruger fans.
    It all comes down to what feels best in your hand.
    With a proper grip (the backstrap dead center in the web of your hand) can you reach the function levers? Trigger safety of the Glock? (Without scootching your hand around and readjusting)...
    If your hands are petite as well...this might be an issue.
    Like others have said, try to shoot before you buy.
    What feels good in your hand at the store, might be *the suck* when you pull the trigger.

I would suggest taking someone to the gun store with you who has a Glock CC holster that you like.
    If they have it in stock, any gun store worth their salt will pull an identical gun out of the display case and let you try it in various holsters off the rack.

If at all possible, try to shoot a few before deciding. What feels good in your hand at the shop doesn't always translate to being the best option at the range.

This ^.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    You'll get a lot of "yay, Glock" from Glock fans and "yay, Ruger" from Ruger fans.
    It all comes down to what feels best in your hand.
    With a proper grip (the backstrap dead center in the web of your hand) can you reach the function levers? Trigger safety of the Glock? (Without scootching your hand around and readjusting)...
    If your hands are petite as well...this might be an issue.
    Like others have said, try to shoot before you buy.
    What feels good in your hand at the store, might be *the suck* when you pull the trigger.

If they have it, any gun store worth their salt will pull an identical gun out of the display case and let you try it in various holsters off the rack.

This ^.

She is absolutely right. I make a habit of never selling guns. I broke my rule with two handguns because I hated them after I got to shoot them.

ctrent

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    Fortville, IN
    I'd be willing to bet that you would get a better deal somewhere besides the 1500.
    I have been told that the Plainfield Shooting Supply (I think its called) has some great deals. I called them earlier today and spoke to John...he seemed very helpful. I told him I would be in to see him this coming weekend...I am hoping this coming Friday to be exact! That would give me the weekend to enjoy some good range time!

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Oh, and if you have any reservations at ALL about how it feels in hand *before* shooting it...don't get it.
    You can shoot it for a thousand rounds and it will still feel exactly the same.
    Don't buy something thinking your hand will "get used to it".
    Because that won't happen.

She is absolutely right.
    Wow...wonder how long it will take before someone reports that^?
    :):

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I have been told that the Plainfield Shooting Supply (I think its called) has some great deals. I called them earlier today and spoke to John...he seemed very helpful. I told him I would be in to see him this coming weekend...I am hoping this coming Friday to be exact! That would give me the weekend to enjoy some good range time!

I'm don't know if they have a range or not. Seriously, wherever you go, shoot before you buy.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Thanks! You have given some great advice. :)

She usually does !

She was helpful when my wife was in the process of trying to make the G19 and Kahr CW9 work for her. With JG's help, the wife has now found something she would of never considered and feels it's a much better fit for her...

For the record, I am a huge Glock fan and own many. I would of liked nothing better than for one to work out for the wife, but it just didn't... They seem to be either the best choice for about half the gun owning population out there and the most hated by the other half... :)

Top Bottom