• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I have had the ruger SR9C for about 3 years now and I love it. Trigger is excellent, never malfunctions, safety is easy to work. In my opinion it an excellent handgun.

miborovsky

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2011
    Block 26.

The thing is, though, if have small hands, Glocks might be too fat. Actually, looking at the tech specs, the SR9c is pretty fat too.

Maybe consider a single stack 9, like a Beretta Nano, M&P Shield, or Walther PPS, yah?

GlockZ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Thanks! I hadn't considered this one but am looking into it. It does seem to have many features of both the 26 and the sr9c that I like on each. I am curious though about reliability... any input on this?

Glock 26, because you can make it the size and capacity of the G19, but it's easier to conceal in the summer. If your concern is regarding "safties," the most important safety is the one between your ears. If you follow the rules of firearm safety you won't have a problem. If you don't abide by the rules no ammount of safties are going to matter.

donnie1581

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Elwood, IN
    My wife who is very petite loves her px4 sub compact. It's easy to conceal, very reliable, has an excellent trigger and is great on recoil.

You should shoot as many different guns as possible before making a decision.

You're not too far away from me so if you want, I'm sure we could set it up to where you could shoot her px4 sub and darral's (who lives in same town) sr9c to compare.

Chasegp8

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2012
    When my wife bought her first CC gun, I took her to Bradis. She focused on the XD, M&P, and Glocks in 9mm. The important things for her were the feel of the gun in her hand, the size of the gun, and can she actually rack the slide (something guys don't think about). She couldn't rack the XD. It came down between the M&P 9C and G19. The G19 felt the best in her hand.

If you are looking at Ruger and want something slim for summer, try the LC9.

Good advice, my wife has trouble racking the slide on my sr9c.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    ctrent-Welcome to INGO..

Welcome to the Forum ctrent, from one of your neighbors in McCordsville.
    Looks like a lot of good info given already.
    Of the three you mentioned I have+carry the Glock 19 most of the time.
    I'm not too sure, if this is your first carry gun if any of these three would be the best choice, but that's IS your call.

My Wife's first carry gun was a S&W Model 60 .38Spl.+ She did/does well with it..Bill.

ctrent

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    Fortville, IN
    My brother has had his for over a year now now with no trouble at all. I personaly shot 150rds through it last weekend while I was at his house and functioned flawless. Plus I just like the feel of an M&P. Just thought though, give you another option to consider when your shopping around.
    I do appreciate and welcome any opinions. I wish I had the option(s) to do just as you suggested before I buy but unfortunately I don't. So, I am going this on my own. I have been doing alot of reading...and now asking. :):

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Shoot them before you decide.

M&P is just as reliable, but you may or may not like the feel better. Try before you buy.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    No idea where Fortville is, but I'm sure someone close would be willing to give you some trigger time before you decide.

ctrent

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    Fortville, IN
    Glock 26, because you can make it the size and capacity of the G19, but it's easier to conceal in the summer. If your concern is regarding "safties," the most important safety is the one between your ears. If you follow the rules of firearm safety you won't have a problem. If you don't abide by the rules no ammount of safties are going to matter.
    I cannot agree with you more regarding the safety point of views! I appreciate this post. The 26 seems to be a bit smaller both on barrel length and grip length, which makes sense that it is a bit easier to cc.

ctrent

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    Fortville, IN
    My wife who is very petite loves her px4 sub compact. It's easy to conceal, very reliable, has an excellent trigger and is great on recoil.

You should shoot as many different guns as possible before making a decision.

You're not too far away from me so if you want, I'm sure we could set it up to where you could shoot her px4 sub and darral's (who lives in same town) sr9c to compare.
    Thanks for the offer, that is very generous of you. I am planning to go the 1500 show this coming weekend...hoping to buy while there. I do plan to go to some different stores and hold the few that are recommended in re: of this thread.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Wardrobe is going to be the biggest factor for CC. Skin Tight clothes and you're going to have trouble concealing anything. A good gun belt and holster will help.

ctrent

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    Fortville, IN
    Welcome to the Forum ctrent, from one of your neighbors in McCordsville.
    Looks like a lot of good info given already.
    Of the three you mentioned I have+carry the Glock 19 most of the time.
    I'm not too sure, if this is your first carry gun if any of these three would be the best choice, but that's IS your call.

My Wife's first carry gun was a S&W Model 60 .38Spl.+ She did/does well with it..Bill.
    Hi Neighbor! :) Yes, I considered a .38spl but I really want an auto first. I will look into the other as a 2nd to my I'm sure to be collection. :):

Top Bottom