• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VidGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    Muncie
    No actually it isn't even close. Yelling "Fire!" in a theatre could be a great idea... If there was actually a fire. Otherwise it is a CRIME unlike carrying a rifle or dressing up like a GI Joe.

And why is it a crime?

Because it incites panic, much like seeing someone as described would.

What would YOU do?

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    And why is it a crime?

Because it incites panic, much like seeing someone as described would.

What would YOU do?

It is a crime because it is specifically mentioned in law, not for reasoning like that becuase that type of reasoning is SUBJECTIVE. Give me something concrete like a fact or evidence of what you are saying.

Try going before court and giving the judge your OPINION on the subject... Hint- it won't work.

What would I do about what?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    If I saw someone as I described, I would have no reservations about calling the cops to check him out, nor would I be concerned about how it impacts his constitutional right to carry.

Why?

Because a normal person doesn't walk around in fatigues, full body armor, mags strapped, and an AR slung over his shoulder. Anyone doing this is either mentally unstable, up to something, or just plain stupid. All good reasons to check him out.

Any time you stray from societal norms, you'll draw attention to yourself. Dressing like described will bring negative attention to yourself.

If you do it because you're mentally unstable, you should get checked out.
    If you do it because you want to provoke a reaction, then you'll get all the reaction you could ever want.
    If you do it to see how far you can push your Second Amendment rights, well, good luck with that.

It's like yelling "FIRE!" in a theater.

By all means we must all stay with the flock. :koolaid:

VidGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    Muncie
    Ah, yes. I disagree so I must be part of the sheeple.

Does it hurt your neck, looking down on people all the time?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    What would you do if you were walking down the street and saw the person I described?
    I would do whatever it takes to make sure he is vetted properly by the appropriate authorities so they can make a determination if he should be allowed to continue to exercise his legal rights.

Does that pass your approval? :popcorn:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I would do whatever it takes to make sure he is vetted properly by the appropriate authorities so they can make a determination if he should be allowed to continue to exercise his legal rights.

And what could they LEGALLY do about it? He doesn't need a LTCH for a rifle, body armor is perfectly fine as well. He isn't committing an infraction or ordinance violation so this guy can legally ignore the police and continue on his merry way.

Anything other than that is an infringement on his rights. :twocents:

VidGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    Muncie

Well, apparently you just violated his civil rights, and should be ridiculed.

VidGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    Muncie
    Of what?

Look at this logically for a sec, If there is a guy walking down the street with body armor on and a rifle, and he isn't already shooting people I doubt he is much of a threat...

That's your logic? Seriously? Wow.

My logic would say that he hasn't found the people he wants to shoot yet. Or it's one of the other conditions I previously described.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    And what could they LEGALLY do about it? He doesn't need a LTCH for a rifle, body armor is perfectly fine as well. He isn't committing an infraction or ordinance violation so this guy can legally ignore the police and continue on his merry way.

Anything other than that is an infringement on his rights. :twocents:
    Point of clarification: Sarcasm=Sarcasm as was the case of my post that you quoted. ;)

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    That's your logic? Seriously? Wow.

My logic would say that he hasn't found the people he wants to shoot yet. Or it's one of the other conditions I previously described.

If he is picking his targets he would be carrying a handgun so he could conceal his intentions, not only from his target but from people likely to try to stop him from completing his goal...

That or he is retarded, quickly surmised by a friendly greeting returned by "Dur da Dur"

Top Bottom