• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Some people Never get it and never will. We have to suck it up and move on and never let it eat at you. I know that saying that is easier than living with it. BUT, once retired, you can tell them all to kiss your ass. 30 years of BS, I never have to listen to it any longer (except from the wife) :rolleyes:
    Hell...they can kiss my ass now! :D I should have been a fireman....everyone loves them!!! :):

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    bad_cop.jpg

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    Hell, we are all in the same group and share a brain right??? If you bash one, might as well lump us all together and bash all of us. That's much eaiser than deciding who and when to bash and deciding when it's appropriate or not.......just bash us all....all the time and it's much easier that way.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    My God, to think that someone could turn a thread about a 2 year old girl shooting herself into a "fuel for the anti fire" turns my stomach to the point of getting sick.

What the eff is wrong w/ people?

1032JBT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    My God, to think that someone could turn a thread about a 2 year old girl shooting herself into a "fuel for the anti fire" turns my stomach to the point of getting sick.

And yet some people think that it's all about us cops being "tense".......:rolleyes:

Those that can't see where we are coming from should really take a good long hard look in the mirror.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Hell, we are all in the same group and share a brain right??? If you bash one, might as well lump us all together and bash all of us. That's much eaiser than deciding who and when to bash and deciding when it's appropriate or not.......just bash us all....all the time and it's much easier that way.

I'm not sure if I will ever understand the logic that some people (way, way too many people) use w/ PO's.:dunno:

Granted, I guess it goes hand in hand w/ tons of other topics as well (ie antis w/ gun owners).

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!

Dont let the troll's get to ya, stay strong they say what they say just to get a rise! set back and watch the carnage that is all they can do. I know I have run into a few, you post something trying to be helpfull based on your training and experience, and then the trolls start the argurement just so they can get some sort of reward if they can prove a cop wrong, Dont let them get to you, They have no ideal what it like to put there life on the line daily they just sit around all day playin video cames and watching born killers on the beta and think they know what life is about, as for the fireman thing, you know why God made Cops dont you ? Because firemen need hero's too. Keep your chin up out the dirt and the dirt bags cant get to ya. :patriot:

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    This isn't actually a bash, at least I don't want it to be...more like questions I'm sure some would like to know...

Here is one for you...to get your mind off of that other disrespectful crap...
    I hate when I am obeying the speed limit and a LEO goes flying by in the left lane...way over the speed limit, and this happens every time I am on the interstate, either on 465 or 65.
    You can't tell me you are in pursuit of someone or something. Not every LEO vehicle is in hot pursuit of X all of the time.
    Why do you think you are above the law in this manner?
    I've seen some that will cruise around during rush hour, around or just above the speed limit to maintain traffic flow, as most vehicles will remain behind them, while a few slip past and are allowed to speed ahead.
    And what about seeing a LEO allow their spouse to drive their LEO vehicle to go get groceries or run errands?

Thanks for your honest answers in advance...

Would you rather I drive exactly the speed limit on 465, 65, or 70? I could have traffic backed up for quite a ways if I did. The only time I am on the interstate in my squad is going to or from work or to or from court. During my shift I am on city streets. When on the interstate I will drive 65-70 if it is a 55 zone, 75 if it is a 70 zone. That being said, I will give the motoring public that much of a buffer zone to exceed the speed limit. If you tailgate me or pass me when I am going faster than the posted limit, I will shine my spotlight at you or hit my overheads briefly. If you get the hint I will go about my merry way. If you don't, I might stop you and tell you to slow down and let you go about your business.

And whose spouse gets to drive the squad to run errands?

1032JBT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    Dont let the troll's get to ya, stay strong they say what they say just to get a rise! set back and watch the carnage that is all they can do. I know I have run into a few, you post something trying to be helpfull based on your training and experience, and then the trolls start the argurement just so they can get some sort of reward if they can prove a cop wrong, Dont let them get to you, They have no ideal what it like to put there life on the line daily they just sit around all day playin video cames and watching born killers on the beta and think they know what life is about, as for the fireman thing, you know why God made Cops dont you ? Because firemen need hero's too. Keep your chin up out the dirt and the dirt bags cant get to ya. :patriot:

I see your point and have done that many times.....even tonight, but if we just sit back and do/say nothing, then what good are we really doing??

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Ya'll seem tense. Should have a few power rings, it'll calm you down :D

When I was on day shift last month I went to Dunkin Donuts at 67/Camby for breakfast. And I didn't even get a power ring! A bagel and a muffin for cryin' out loud! I keep telling myself I need to eat one in uniform just to perpetuate the stereotype and to have some fatass make a comment about cops and donuts.

1032JBT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    Oh come on......surely someone has some new material they have been dying to use. I need a good laugh.......bring it on!!!!!

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    Im sorry your having a bad day bro..... would offering to share my bacon help? I got donuts too but that might be insulting and bacon is better.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008

It is a tragedy, without question. My prayers are with the girl beyond, and the family left behind.

That being said, and meant, every news story, event, overheard tale, and personal experience laid out at this site goes through the "will it go good or bad for gun owners" filter and I see nothing inherently wrong with that so long as it is not tacky/disrespectful/or disregarding of the tragedy in the story itself.

At the same time, I find myself disappointed when the conversation immediately moves to us/them with LEO's. At some level it has to do with tensions that already exist, but more-so whenever each of us reviews a tragedy it is natural to try and distance from it. Bashing is a kind of distancing.

And, as for the "assault weapons" debate, we need all the friends we have: hunters, EBR owners, soccer moms, and LEO's alike. If there is to be any kind of tactical review of the incident, it should be done so as to maintain respect for the dead. At the same time, when we talk about retaining firearms capable of resisting tyranny, we need to be careful with that language as it can easily drive off the very allies we need most: LEO's.

Both cases were tragic. And my prayers go out in both.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    It is a tragedy, without question. My prayers are with the girl beyond, and the family left behind.

That being said, and meant, every news story, event, overheard tale, and personal experience laid out at this site goes through the "will it go good or bad for gun owners" filter and I see nothing inherently wrong with that so long as it is not tacky/disrespectful/or disregarding of the tragedy in the story itself.

At the same time, I find myself disappointed when the conversation immediately moves to us/them with LEO's. At some level it has to do with tensions that already exist, but more-so whenever each of us reviews a tragedy it is natural to try and distance from it. Bashing is a kind of distancing.

And, as for the "assault weapons" debate, we need all the friends we have: hunters, EBR owners, soccer moms, and LEO's alike. If there is to be any kind of tactical review of the incident, it should be done so as to maintain respect for the dead. At the same time, when we talk about retaining firearms capable of resisting tyranny, we need to be careful with that language as it can easily drive off the very allies we need most: LEO's.

Both cases were tragic. And my prayers go out in both.

:+1:

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I see your point and have done that many times.....even tonight, but if we just sit back and do/say nothing, then what good are we really doing??

You have to remember the old saying if you argure with a retard on the internet, two things will hapen when its over, you would have been in an argument, and they are still a retard. :laugh: obove that nothing else is acomplished. Most of the time they would not say what they say if they were standing infront of you/us they use the web to boost there ego and it makes them forget that they can only get one video for the bata they bought, What is said here or anyware does not for one minite change us or how we treat the next guy we meet wether we put them in cuffs and hall them off to the bed and breakfast, or help them track down a lost dog, We will still be who we are and what we do and I will take that anyday, None of us are a rock but we can look back and see that we made a difference In one persons life it was worth it, and most of us can say we made a difference daily, Are we perfect NO, But I belive someone said it the best, Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. Do we give everyone we stop a speeding ticket ? No I could go on and on, We have to have thick skin and let it run off like water on a duck's back The wood tick's will say what they want, But it does not change who you are or what you do, and I dought he would give his life trying to protect anyone out there including HIM, and that is what makes the difference between them and us. :patriot:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom