• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If Row was so important, them maybe they should have MADE A LAW.
    Another reason I think the proper level at which to address this is at the state. It’s controversial enough that passing a national law either way is difficult. And I’m not sure the federal government has the power to make a law either way. But I’m sure either side could imagine a constitutional reason for it.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    For starters, I have a different opinion with abortion than most here, And with that opinion of being a pro abortion conservative, buts me in a tough place here.

Should one be banned for a differing opinion? Its difficult also to moderate when one has a differing opinion.

I believe we have no business making laws that involve a womans medical choice with her body.

Personally, I would have left roe-wade stand. Its a sad day now for lower economic class women who live in States that abortions have and will be outlawed.
    A women with no means without local access to clinics has a narrow choice of options.
    Most here are not old enough to have seen 50 years ago here.
    A few short years from now, they will see.
    I might respond to a few of those bells in the top corner, I might not.
    I most likely will step away from this thread.
    Make the dems and the Republicans go on record and pass a legislation then not hide behind the skirts of a court inventing rights.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Adoption is a business, lucrative business.

The situation is already bad back 20-30 years ago, it is worse not and it will get absolutely crisis in the near future.

There are plenty of kids needing a home right now, and they can't find any, what are you gonna do when the numbers blowing up down the road.

The solution is more people needed to step up as parents to go through the trouble, but there aren't enough of them, hasn't been for decades.

For me, it seems there are far more keyboard pro-lifers than the actual foster/adopting parents out there.
    What are you seeing/reading that is giving you this impression? Where are all these kids who can't find a home? There are thousands of couples in line in this country right now who desperately want to adopt, but there aren't enough children up for adoption.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    For starters, I have a different opinion with abortion than most here, And with that opinion of being a pro abortion conservative, buts me in a tough place here.

Should one be banned for a differing opinion? Its difficult also to moderate when one has a differing opinion.

I believe we have no business making laws that involve a womans medical choice with her body.

Personally, I would have left roe-wade stand. Its a sad day now for lower economic class women who live in States that abortions have and will be outlawed.
    A women with no means without local access to clinics has a narrow choice of options.
    Most here are not old enough to have seen 50 years ago here.
    A few short years from now, they will see.
    I might respond to a few of those bells in the top corner, I might not.
    I most likely will step away from this thread.
    I have a different take from that. I would regard myself as pro-life, but not confident enough to encode that in law. This is controversial because on the extreme right thinks abortion at any stage is murder. The other extreme thinks it's not murder but justified on even the whim of the mother. Polls have shown that most people think there is a point during the pregnancy where it's acceptable to end a pregnancy, beyond which, abortions should be illegal.

My position is that I'm against abortion, and so I don't support it. I'm against it because I think people should not treat abortion as a contraceptive. That's irresponsible. I think overturning RvW was the correct jurisprudence because it was decided by feelings rather than correct constitutional scrutiny. That decision was based on fabricated constructs imagined to be hidden in the constitution. But I think it was the correct policy in terms of the closest policy to a national consensus on abortion. But at the state level is probably the correct place where it should be decided.

I'm just curious how many "states rights" advocates will now march towards a national law imposing a ban on all states.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I really don't understand how being a Christian Conservative Pro Lifer means they're responsible for every kid that would have been aborted now. I would hope that they would want to help with a real problem that's going to happen, especially when they believe every life is sacred. That's the compassionate thing to do. Christianity isn't supposed to be looking down your nose from the back pews judgmentally eyeballing all the people you don't think are living right. At least that's not what I thought it was when I was one.
    Its interesting what some Good Christians have called women in this thread.

I certainly dont believe one should be responsible for all unwanted children, but,
    When good Christians tout a pregnant girl or woman, should carry to term and adopt out.
    Well, growing up in a Christian Conservatives home. I have yet in my 63 years meet any that makes that statement have any adopted children.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Its interesting what some Good Christians have called women in this thread.
    Well that's why I said it that way. We're all humans. Parents aren't perfect. Lot's of kids grow up not learning personal responsibility, and especially with sex, that there are consequences, even when abortions are available. That's still a serious consequence for people who aren't on the fringe who might think abortion is nothing. Many kids are irresponsible. It's "just the tip" now, and next thing you know that strip on the test turns the wrong color. Are they really ho's? I think it takes a callous person who really believes that. I mean, what about the dude? If she's a ho, what is he? It takes two to create a pregnancy.

I certainly dont believe one should be responsible for all unwanted children, but,
    When good Christians tout a pregnant girl or woman, should carry to term and adopt out.
    Well, growing up in a Christian Conservatives home. I have yet in my 63 years meet any that makes that statement have any adopted children.

It's easy to be pious from the back pew.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Make the dems and the Republicans go on record and pass a legislation then not hide behind the skirts of a court inventing rights.
    I see both sides, I really do, more so than most will ever know about.
    Im also a believer in States Rights.
    This reversal will come to light very shortly, its Standing Should have been Left Alone.
    Get Prepared America for the onslaught of newborns like we had pre January 22 1973.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Well that's why I said it that way. We're all humans. Parents aren't perfect. Lot's of kids grow up not learning personal responsibility, and especially with sex, that there are consequences, even when abortions are available. That's still a serious consequence for people who aren't on the fringe who might think abortion is nothing. Many kids are irresponsible. It's just the tip now, and next thing you know that strip on the test turns the wrong color. Are they really ho's? I think it takes a callous person who really believes that. I mean, what about the dude? If she's a ho, what is he? It takes two to create a pregnancy.

It's easy to be pious from the back pew.
    Thanks, good post.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    What are you seeing/reading that is giving you this impression? Where are all these kids who can't find a home? There are thousands of couples in line in this country right now who desperately want to adopt, but there aren't enough children up for adoption.
    3 of my co-workers had adopted children domestically and overseas, and through foster care, they wouldn't do it again nowadays because of the process had gone so bad.

There is finite amount of people can afford adoption. The average cost to adopt a child from the U.S. is $26k-45k, while average savings for Americans is $4500. The average wait time is 18 months. Who has got that time and money? Now add the resession and inflation, you do the math.

The only easy pass it to be in the foster system, adopting your foster child is fairly cheap and straight forward.

Another exception is to adopt someone in your family.

Our government is very inefficient of doing the right thing, that's a given.

It only takes 1 bad apple so everybody else has to suffer. There are few bad parents out there over the years, abuse the kids they adopted. So the vetting process is kinda like turning your life upside down and shake it.

The private agencies are in the making money business, and intended to keep doing it. So they are not interested in making the process easier either.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I agree. Still, the leaker should be ID'd, with consequences to follow or this will happen again and again.
    What ever books can be legally thrown at the leaker should be thrown with all vigor, regardless who it was.

I still think it was someone on the left side of the court. I think their motivation is much stronger than that claimed for it to have come from the right side of the court.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    That's nothing new, it has been like that since the 80's and 90's. We couldn't even take care what's on hand right now, don't even think about what's coming up.

Those babies are popping out every day, every minute to the parents whom didn't want them.

What are you gonna do about it other than a pat on your own back?
    https://www.wthr.com/article/news/l...mily/531-e33d44c8-eeb3-4b75-8a80-4f7dfccf3be0
    Ever think of making the parents financially responsible? You know, garnish their wages or put them in jail for failure to pay? Funny you look to society to find an answer, but refuse to look at the responsible parties to be held accountable. Put their azz in a county tent jail like they had in Arizona on bread and water. Make them want the opportunity to step up. Make them hate their punishment. Why do we insist that an uninvolved party be the answer? I know, you don’t want to make the hard, unpopular decisions.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ever think of making the parents financially responsible? You know, garnish their wages or put them in jail for failure to pay? Funny you look to society to find an answer, but refuse to look at the responsible parties to be held accountable. Put their azz in a county tent jail like they had in Arizona on bread and water. Make them want the opportunity to step up. Make them hate their punishment. Why do we insist that an uninvolved party be the answer? I know, you don’t want to make the hard, unpopular decisions.

I don't have a problem with making the responsible parties accountable. But debtors prison? You think we can go back to that? It's just not practical. Some of you guys act as if we actually live in the world you propose. How about we look for practical solutions that are viable in the world we actually live in?

Here's how this world works. For every policy idea you have, there are many people who have different policy ideas. You can't just force your will. You don't have the political capital. This is how the real world works. You don't get your legislative thing unless you have the political capital to make it happen. You throw this **** out and fold your arms, and claim you're done. Meanwhile the problems still exist because everyone who is cocksure that their pet policies will save the day, just proclaim it and stop there.

"Well, you won't throw 'em in jail. It's your fault it ain't working because you won't do it my way. Not my problem." So nothing that can get done, does get done.

Top Bottom