• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Well yeah but the reality is they can't really do jack without, at least, control of the agenda and the rules. They're pretty much locked out at present, as far as actually doing anything.

My issue is when they get in a position to do something and either do nothing or prioritize dumb things.
    McConnell has been in the senate since 1985, and has been either majority or minority leader (as appropriate) since 2007. He HAS been there when he had control of the agenda and the rules

My point is that all the things we want elected Republicans to do he is admitting they would only do as part of a scorched earth revenge for the Democrats changing the rules. Think about that, he is admitting those things he enumerated WILL NOT happen otherwise

Do not allow him the alibi that he currently lacks the power to do anything. My expectation is that when given that power (again) he will do nothing on those concerns beyond what he has to, he is saying as much himself

He needs to go, as does anyone else like him. They are part of the problem and out of step with America First

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I think I'd have a better idea idea of what you're saying if you'd just come out and say what you mean. If your ideas are good, let's discuss. If they need obfuscated like this, idunno. What am I supposed to think?
    I believe you're supposed to think

secession occurs ---> then a miracle happens ---> then the US becomes the next best thing to New Jerusalem (this might be a bit unfair because, given the way the rest of the world is, this is already true because the bar is so low)

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Well, they could still change the law again if they wanted to and were in session.
    Yes, but the quote was "before it can be enacted". it's already been enacted. And signed. It is law and goes into effect on July 1, 2022. It is too late to do anything "before it can be enacted".

As you said there would have to be a special session to repeal or modify it. While I wouldn't put anything past our "leadership", I think there is scant chance of that occurring.

Reactions: KLB

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yeah, I am sure that caused enough people to stop eating Subway that they had to close over 1,000 stores, not the lack of people to work them or being able to even go to one. If there had been no Covid and lockdowns, I might have bought the correlation. With all of the Covid lockdowns, nah.
    Think of all the factors during the time period that might cause franchises to close, and the top factor is the person they chose to be the face of their advertising? I think it would take a person who really wants it to be THAT reason to ignore all the other more believable causes. Why wouldn’t lockdowns be a major factor? Why wouldn’t worker shortages be a major factor? Why wouldn’t supply shortages be a major factor? Oh no. Couldn’t possibly be any of those factors, which, by the way, caused other businesses to close—we had a whole thread on businesses closed due to covid policies.

I suspect the Subway shop near me is going to close soon because they’re always short on important ingredients. The Jimmy John’s near me is often closed because they can’t find workers. But no. Subways are closed because they have adds featuring a person conservatives don’t like. C’mon. Really?

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Except I haven't heard of any other FF francises that lost that many locations in one year.

You may be right though, It's is hard to say the exact reason. I assume the author of the article researched the numbers and compared. American Spectator usually backs up their writing with links to evidence but not in this case.
    As an occasional former consumer of subway food, I’m going by the experience of consuming subway over the past couple if years. They’re ****. The quality of food has declined, that is, when you can even get what you want. You have to go in, which kept a lot of people away during the pandemic.

They don’t pay **** so it’s hard to properly staff them, and since they’re low margin franchises, they can’t afford to properly staff them anyway when people can work at McD’s for >$15/hr.

Just went to subway a couple of weeks ago. One person was working in the shop, they were out of onions, and several other ingredients. So I walked out. And contrary to your thinking, most people are not so political that they give a flying **** who is featured in a Subway add.

Maybe you really want to believe that everyone hates whatsherface as much as you do. Many, I'm sure, do. I mean, I don’t like that lady either. Most people don’t care. They just want a ****ing sandwich. And they want ****ing onions on it. And sweet Onion teriyaki sauce. And they don’t want to pay a fortune for it. And they want the service that they should expect with a properly staffed shop. And when they don’t get what they want, they just leave and go to Jimmy John’s. But then you get there and the Jimmy Johns is ****ing closed because they can’t get enough people to work that shift, or they’re out of bread or some other reason that has nothing to do with their advertising. So then you say **** it and go pay 30% more for a ****ing pizza than you did last year.

All subways near me have become ****-holes. I don’t even bother anymore because I know I won’t get what I expect. It has nothing to do with the nutty man-lady they put in their adds.

Last edited:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Read the article.
    Not only did her team fail to win Olympic gold in China, her selection outraged patriots and family heads — Subway’s customer base — and consequently franchise owners. Many were incensed by one particularly insipid commercial in which Rapinoe kicks a soccer ball at a man, knocking a burrito out of his hand.

Not sure how Subway's customer base is patriots and family heads, but ok.

jared.PNG

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Somehow, this thread about the leaked draft SCt opinion has morphed into a lets hate on Subway diatribe. :)

Oh well, it is the INGO way...

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Somehow, this thread about the leaked draft SCt opinion has morphed into a lets hate on Subway diatribe. :)

Well, it went to Subway lost a lot of business because they chose a woke idiot to make commercials for them. Then there were rebuttals to that., which fell into Subway sucks.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Well, I'm sorry for my participation in that, but I'm still in a bad mood about all the **** service I get at places like Subway. And then people say they're closing because of politics? Nah. It's because it's a ****-hole.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Now do McGreasolds where one can finally go back inside but eat inside isn't available, only ordering, and you have to use the stupid ****ing kiosks because they can't or won't staff the registers and they don't want to handle cash anyway

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Haven't been to a fast food place in years, sounds like a lot has changed.

Talking to my son last night I figured the leaker will never be found. I'm assuming that Merrick Garland and Co are the chief investigators.

Top Bottom