• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flightsimmer

Master
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Robert Combs .22 LR scored 252-3X and is this weeks winner.

Dave Perkinson was second with 242-3X, .22 LR

B. Brumbaugh was third with 237-1X, .45 Auto

James Hamilton was fourth with 211-2X, .38 special.

James Hamilton was fifth with 196-2X, .22 LR.

P. J. Welen was sixth with 145-2X, .22 LR.

And Robert Combs was seventh with 87, .40 S&W. You've got to get that ammo problem fixed Robert, good luck.
    Great job guys, see you next week.

P.S. All of your previous targets are at the range in the League target box if you want them.

Last edited:

SharpShot

Plinker
    Mar 24, 2013
    Is there anyway, given the turn out, there could be different caliber classes somehow? Those .22's are devastating to those of us using bigger ones--or I could just be speaking for myself.

flightsimmer

Master
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Is there anyway, given the turn out, there could be different caliber classes somehow? Those .22's are devastating to those of us using bigger ones--or I could just be speaking for myself.

I would have to ask management if they would want to offer more than one prize.
    I realize that due to recoil or the lack of it, the .22 cal. weapons have an advantage but only in rapid fire. In slow and timed fire the larger caliber has a slight advantage.
    I included all calibers because of the ammo problem so you could shoot what ever you had the most of and some people don't have or even want a .22 LR pistol let alone find ammo for it.
    But I'll ask and see.

flightsimmer

Master
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    How are the revolver guys doing during reload? My handgun packs 6+1 of .45acp.

I'd be up for trying this if my weapon is sufficient.

I have been running two five shot strings of five seconds each on the rapid fire for those who have less than 10 shot magazines or cylinders.
    I realize this is not perfect, or by NRA rules but my intent is for everyone to enjoy themselves and get used to informal and fun competition as well as their weapons.
    It is my hope that as/if the League shoot grows there will be enough shooters to expand into many new areas such as rifle and pistol, both rimfire and centerfire if the shooters themselves want it.
    I hope the ammo problem and price will ease in the very near future, that would be a big help.

rjta2

Plinker
    Apr 25, 2013
    Can I get details on the league shooting? Can I enter and get in on the weekly shooting? Thanks!

flightsimmer

Master
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Can I get details on the league shooting? Can I enter and get in on the weekly shooting? Thanks!

I think all of the details are in the first post. All you need to do is show up at 6:00 or 6:30 or 7:00 and let the counter folks know that you want to shoot with the league and they will get you started.
    I'll be there to help with any questions and orchestrate the match.

sjstill

Master
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    Like Dan said, just show up and sign in. If you've never shot here, you'll need to fill out a one-time waiver. Range time is $12.50 for a half-hour and 0.75 for the targets. It looks like a lot of fun!

Kirkd

Expert
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    I think all of the details are in the first post. All you need to do is show up at 6:00 or 6:30 or 7:00 and let the counter folks know that you want to shoot with the league and they will get you started.
    I'll be there to help with any questions and orchestrate the match.

Well Im glad to know that I dont have to be there at 6. I work in Columbus and get off at 5 and haven't gone because I ddnt knw there was a 630 and 7 time too

flightsimmer

Master
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Well Im glad to know that I dont have to be there at 6. I work in Columbus and get off at 5 and haven't gone because I ddnt knw there was a 630 and 7 time too

Hey, I'm in Columbus twice a day when I'm working, I'm on a scheduled route. Also North Vernon and Seymour.

Top Bottom